Chapter 9: Keeping Lies Secret

NOTES: I'm only updating because AO3 peeps don't deserve no updates for something Wattpad did! >:ppp But also, pipol here do not deserve getting an update after the peeps over there.

Also, when I first began this au, I didn't even think Nighteye moving in with the Midoriyas was possible, yet here we are.

---

Once the three heroes' visit has ended and they have left, Inko finally came home from her work. She was disappointed that she missed his husband's guests by a hair, but at the end of the day, she's just glad their home was still intact.

As they were waiting for dinner to be prepared, Hisashi caught his wife up on what they had discussed-- or what they were supposed to have discussed-- and he informed her of Mirai's 'predicament,' though he ended up changing a few details the last minute.

Instead of getting kicked out of his apartment, Hisashi informed Inko that Mirai's lease on his apartment was ending, and that he didn't bother renewing it since he had been planning on buying his own home. He was supposed to move in to his new home this week, but there had been complications with the new house, and in the end, the deal fell through.

With his old landlord having already found new renters for his apartment and no new home to move into, Mirai has been staying at a hotel for a few days while he looks for a new place to live.

After hearing about this little dilemma, Hisashi offered to let Mirai stay in their home for a little while as they had enough room to spare, and he told Toshinori and Mirai that if Inko agreed to it then he can move in.

As Hisashi had expected, Inko immediately said yes, and even without him alluding to it, she even said that Mirai would be more than welcome to move in the next day (hurray for Mirai!)

During dinner, they had also informed their sons about the arrangement, to which Izuku couldn't help be excited about, and he ended up bouncing endlessly on his chair after hearing the news. Tenko brought up the same worries his mother also had beforehand-- that being the physical state of their home, if their father was to be in the vicinity of a hero, but Inko assured Tenko that their patriarch has already proved that day that he can handle a few heroes in their home.

Hisashi felt like multiple jabs to his pride were both intentionally and unintentionally thrown his way that dinner, but he decided to think nothing of it, and before long, dinner ended.

The members of the family went to their respective rooms as the servants began cleaning up, with Izuku being sent to his room so he could be given a bath.

Izuku had just finished changing into fresh clothes and was being pampered by Aoi and Millie, the two maids assigned to him that night. He was on his study table doodling and taking notes on his Quirk Analysis notebook when they received a knock on the door.

Izuku's imaginary puppy ears practically perked up as he looked over to the door and his imaginary tail had started wagging.

"I'll go get it," Aoi was the one to go and open the door, and she was surprised to see who it was, "Master!"

Hisashi looked into the room as looked for his son, and he asked the maid, "Did Izuku finish taking a bath?"

"Mhm! Yes, sir! He's on his study table right now working on his notebook." Aoi reported to her boss, when Izuku himself cheerfully exclaimed from his chair on the other side of the room.

"Daaddd!" Izuku was standing on his rolling chair as he gladly waved at his father and he wagged his imaginary tail. Millie, meanwhile, was trying her best to beg their young master to sit down before he fell from the chair.