37. The button

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself"

 Life is about creating yourself"

---

(A/N: Not gonna spoil anything, but you might need tissues for this chapter)

Five looked over at you and still feeling weak after what had transpired, he forced himself to stand up.

"Nat..." he softly asked as he use his last strength to move over to his dying girlfriend.

"No" he said as he rushed over to you that was laying on the floor with blood all over your body, but most your stomach was bleeding.

"Nat" he said as he moved to reach you.

Say something, I'm giving up on you

"Nat" he said as he kneeled down in front of you before he lifted your head and slowly put it on his lap.

I'll be the one, if you want me to

"Darling" he cried out and dragged your body close to him.

He didn't care that he was sitting in a pool of your blood. He didn't care that his pants got covered in blood. His only concerned was his girlfriend.

He felt like he couldn't breathe and he sobbed with you on his lap. His chest was heaving and had never felt so heavy. 

Anywhere, I would've followed you

You looked at Five and reached your hand up to caress his cheek "Hi..." you choked as you coughed out blood.

"Hi" he said.

Say something, I'm giving up on you

"Am I moving my legs?" you asked and Five looked at your legs that wasn't moving a bit "Am I moving my legs 'cause I can't feel them" you said and he looked back at you "It's going to be okay. Alright? I'm not losing you again" he tries to reassure you as well as himself as tears flowed down his cheek. 

"I---"

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all

"No, no, no. Stop talking" he replied as he tried to apply pressure on your wound on your stomach "Why did you attack it? Why did you do that? Why did you pulled it out? Why have you done any of this? You shouldn't have done that" he cried.

And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

"We protect each other....Remember?" you grinned "You...always protected me.... So it was only fair, that I did the same to do. I'm glad I protected you too"

"Why would you something that stupid?" he asked "It was my turn to save you" you said "You already did" he said "You already did" he whispered.

"I'm sorry, Five. For everything" you said "No. I'm sorry, for putting you in danger, for dragging you into all of this mess when you could have had a happy life" he said "I would never be truly happy without you" you smiled.