7. Ball of Twine

"Please don't lie your healing to the hope that someone is going to someday regret what they did to you, as sad as it may seems some people will never accept that they did you wrong or regret what they did"

---

You were trying to take your mind off the bad news you got yesterday as you were sitting on the car's backseat while Klaus was driving the car down a long and empty road that was between two long fields of grass.

Five was sitting next to Klaus as the song 'Oogum Boogum by Brenton Wood' was playing in the radio.

Klaus slurped his drink loudly before he put the cup down.

"This actually isn't so terrible" Five said "See? Told you" Klaus said.

"Come to think of it, my whole life I've been under the gun. Missions for Dad, working for the Commission, trying to survive the apocalypse" Five said "So you never had a day off while you were working at the Commission?" you asked "No. I don't think I ever got one, Love" he said as he shook his head "I was always looking around every corner, just waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's nice to just breathe" he said "Good for you, man. Retirement is suiting you" Klaus said as he nodded along to the music that played over the radio.

"And the best part is that I'm here with you" Five said and turned his head to look at you who leaned forward "I feel the same way" you said and you looked at each other before you press your lips against each other.

"Aww, you guy are so sweet, I'm so happy you are finally together, but I can't concentrate on the road when you guys are making out or if you guys are going to have sex in the backseat" Klaus said and Five and you pulled away "We are not making out or are we not going to have sex in the backseat" you said "We are not there yet" Five said "Sorry if I just hit a soft spot there" Klaus said causing you and Five to roll your eyes.

"Oh. Uh...All right?" Five said before he looked at you "Can you pass the map" he said and you gave him the map "Thanks Love" he said.

"So, Nat and I have circled all the roadside attractions alone the way" Five said as he unfolded out the map of Pennsylvania "I'm not sure we're gonna have time..." Klaus mumbled "We have the Brownsville Big Nickel" Five said as he looked at the map 

"Oh, Ricky's Bakery has award-winning pies--" you said as you were also looking at the map "If you just let me explain..." Klaus said "Or there's this Cow Henge" Five said before he glanced at Klaus "That's it--Don't---" he said with a smile.

"Listen to me" Klaus said out loud causing Five to look at him "Just shut up for two seconds, okay? Just two seconds? All right?" Klaus said "Okay" Five said before he folded the map back up "I'm all ears" he said as he turned to look at him.

"We are going to Pennsylvania to find my birth mother. Yay!" Klaus said and cheered "Excuse me?" Five said "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry. I just need somebody to come with me for emotional support" Klaus said "Oh, emotional support, like a Schnauzer?" Five questioned annoyed "Okay, you are Tilly's emotional support, what is wrong being mine too?" Klaus asked "'Cause that's different" Five said annoyed "I knew that you wouldn't come if I told you, so what was I supposed to do?" Klaus asked.