FORTY TWO

the black panther

the black panther

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Ada turned around as she saw Shuri enter the room. She smiled at her as she came closer. Ada gently kissed Shuri's forehead, closing her eyes and breathing in her scent.

"Ndiyakuthanda. (I love you.)"
"Nam ndiyakuthanda. (I love you, too.)"

"Your mother protected me like I was one of her own," Riri said, breaking the silence. "The least that I could do is try to return the favor."

"We need to find a way to weaken Namor," Shuri said, getting up and leaving her girlfriend's embrace.

"Even weakened, he's still gonna be a problem."

"The Black Panther has never failed to protect Wakanda," Ada spoke, touching the necklace around her neck.

"I thought the Black Panther was gone," Riri said, obviously confused.

"My brother is dead. But it doesn't mean the Black Panther is gone," she looked at Ada as she lightly smiled at Riri.

"Surprise," she lightly smiled, doing small jazz hands. "The necklace I always wear, it's the Black Panther's teeth. Queen Ramonda ordered me to stop after T'Challa passed. I didn't want to disobey her. I am rusty, but I can protect Wakanda."

They changed the subject from the Black Panther to Namor.

"Why doesn't he look like them?" Riri asked.

"His physiology is completely different," Shuri spoke. "None of them fly or have pointed ears like him."

"The women that were guarding us, they had water over their mouths," Ada recalled. "And on their necks. He didn't have that."

"Several organisms don't need gills to extract oxygen from the water, so... It's like a jellyfish. He just absorbs the oxygen from his skin. It's a process called diffusion."

"In that attack, before he took out your plane, he jumped back in the water," Riri remembered. "What if that's what makes him strong? He's breathing air and getting oxygen from the water on his skin. If we could find a way to dry his ass out, he won't be as strong."

"Yo, that's it," Shuri finally said. "GRIOT. We need to convert to Royal Talon Fighter into a pervaporation chamber."

"Is that even possible?" Ada asked.