FIFTEEN

steve rogers

steve rogers

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

"I don't wanna move," Ada said into Shuri's neck.

"Then don't," Shuri smiled at her girlfriend.

Ada Kikelomo and Shuri Udauk had been together for two years, and they were most definitely in love. They've spent every second of every day together since Killmonger was defeated.

"But we probably have to go to the palace soon, y'know?"

"But the bed is so comfortable," Shuri snuggled closer to Ada. "How do we ever leave?"

"Mostly your brother gets us up."

There was then a knock on the door, probably from T'Challa.

"Come in," they both said.

The door opened and T'Challa walked in. He smiled at the two, knowing that they couldn't be apart for more than an hour.

"Sorry to intrude," he apologized. "Steve Rogers is going to be calling me in a minute and I wanted you guys to be on call with me. Apparently, it's urgent."

Just a minute later, Steve Rogers had called and the three had answered.

Ada is the Second Black Panther of Wakanda, and Shuri is a genius engineer, so when Steve Rogers called to ask for their help in facing a major problem, they knew they had to go. After all, it was Ada's duty to protect her nation.

Their love meant that they had to be apart, but they both knew it was necessary. Ada had been trained all her life to be the Second Black Panther, and she was determined to protect Wakanda with her life if need be. She was ready.

Meanwhile, Shuri was equally determined to help her brother and her nation, despite her lack of knowledge of the Panther's ways. She had spent years perfecting her engineering skills and she was determined to use them to help the nation.

"Are you worried?" Shuri asked as she walked to the palace with Ada.

"A little bit. Who wouldn't be? I mean, they're saying a huge attack?"

Ada has been fighting since she was 14, but as she approaches this big battle, she has become aware of an inexplicable fear that wells up inside of her every time she steps into the field. She doesn't know why it's there; she's never been majorly injured before, and she knows that she's a good fighter. But it's still there, this deep-seated fear, and it's getting worse.

She's been trying to explain it to Shuri, but she's having difficulty putting her thoughts into words. She knows that Shuri won't understand if she can't explain it properly. She stops walking, takes a deep breath, and starts to explain.

"It's like there's a part of me that still remembers the feeling of being 14 and stepping into the field for the first time. I remember the way my heart raced and my hands shook. Even though I've been fighting since then, I still feel the same way. Like I'm not ready. Like I'm not up to the challenge."

Ada pauses, trying to find the right words to explain her feelings. She's been fighting for five years, but it still feels like it did on that first day.

"It's like I'm scared to fail. I can't stand the thought of going into the arena and not being able to do my best. Of not being able to get the job done and make my team proud, make your brother proud. I can't let them down."

Ada continues speaking, her words coming out in a rush.

"I'm afraid of the unknown. What if this evil is better than me? What if I can't beat them? What if I make a mistake or do something stupid? I'm scared of making a fool of myself or letting my team or your brother down. I worry that I'm not good enough and that I'll fail."

Ada looks at Shuri, her eyes pleading for her to understand.

"I'm scared of failure and I'm scared of getting hurt. I've never been majorly injured before, and the thought of it terrifies me. I know that there's a risk when you fight, but I'm still scared. It's a fear that never goes away, no matter how many fights I've won."

Shuri looks into Ada's eyes, understanding finally dawning. She takes Ada's hand in hers and gives it a squeeze.

"I understand," she says. "You're afraid, but you're also brave. Your fear doesn't make you weak, it makes you strong. You're still fighting, even though it scares you. That takes courage."

Ada looks relieved, and she smiles warmly at Shuri. She's finally able to put her feelings into words, and she knows that Shuri understands. She feels a little less scared now, and she knows that whatever happens on the battlefield, she'll have Shuri by her side, always.

 She feels a little less scared now, and she knows that whatever happens on the battlefield, she'll have Shuri by her side, always