THIRTY SEVEN

scientist

scientist

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

In Alexandria, Virginia, Everett Ross was going on a jog with his AirPods in, listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. There was a bug annoying him, so he tried swatting it away but quickly knew what it was for.

"Come on," he scoffed. "Yeah, I got it. I got it. Will you slow down?"

He followed the bug deeper into the forest and was met with Shuri, Ada, and Okoye.

"You didn't think to call?" he asked.

"Now, why would I have your number?" Okoye retaliated as Shuri and Ada snickered. "We are looking for the scientist who built the vibranium detector."

"So it was you guys in the Atlantic?" he guessed as the three shared a look. "Come on. Mining ship. Lots of casualties."

"What happened?" Okoye asked.

"Seriously?" he questioned. "It was a joint operation. Us and the SEALs. Thirty of their top guys, two of our best officers, friends of mine. Gone. Just like that. You throw in the fact that they were tracking vibranium..."

"Everett, I'm sorry for your loss, but we can assure you that Wakanda had nothing to do with this," Ada spoke.

"So who was it?" he asked as they stayed silent. "God, look, the way that this is supposed to work is that I give you information and you reciprocate."

"For our own safety, we cannot tell you," Shuri spoke up. "It's imperative that we get to the scientist before anything else happens. You owe me, Ross. You owe my brother."

"Okay, look. There are agents who have been sentenced to death for less than I'm about to give you now. And we got a new director. She's watching me like a hawk."

"We will be very, very careful," Okoye smiled.

"Not just careful, you gotta be fast. The US needs another machine and this kid is the only person in the world who knows how to build one. So they're coming for her."

"A kid?" Shuri questioned.

-

Shuri, Ada, and Okoye were now in Cambridge, Massachusetts as they watched a college student who they knew was the creator of the vibranium detector.

"Is that an iPhone I see?" Shuri asked.

"Primitive," Okoye grumbled. She called the Queen with her Kimoyo Beads, letting her know they found the creator.