SEVEN

princess of wakanda

princess of wakanda

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Shuri had managed to calm herself down after her small panic attack. She realized she liked her best friend more than a friend.

And it was the worst feeling in the world.

Most people would assume that realizing you like your best friend is a happy, magical feeling. For Shuri, it wasn't.

For Shuri, it scared her.

She didn't want to like her best friend. She didn't want it to ruin their friendship. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't like her best friend. She didn't know what to do.

One part of her wanted to say 'screw this' and tell Ada, but the other part of her wanted to start crying.

And to make matters worse, Ada was talking to someone. Someone outside of the border. She didn't know what to do.

"What do I do?" Shuri whispered to herself. "What's wrong with me? The princess of Wakanda can't be gay, can she?"

Her thoughts got interrupted as the door to her lab opened, signaling that Ada came back, knowing that T'Challa, Okoye, and Nakia wouldn't be back for another 10 minutes. Shuri panicked a little, but instantly calmed herself down. She walked down the stairs and saw Ada about to come up the stairs.

Shuri stopped in her steps when she almost collided with Ada. She looked at Ada with formerly teary eyes. And then Ada hugged her.

"I'm sorry," Ada apologized. "I'm sorry for worrying you. It wasn't my intention. I should be more careful, you're right. I am truly sorry, Shuri."

Shuri wrapped her arms around Ada's neck and inhaled her scent. And it was then she realized that it would be alright. She would figure out how to navigate these feelings.

"It's okay," Shuri responded into Ada's neck. "I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I just want you to be able to tell me the truth. I just want you to be careful."

Ada pulled away from the hug and looked at Shuri. She frowned at the small tear stains on her cheeks.

"Ada, I don't know how to tell you this but—"

She was going to say something, but they both heard the door to her lab open. It would have to wait for later. Shuri and Ada walked towards the doors and saw T'Challa, Nakia, and Okoye walk in with some man on a bed.

"Great! Another broken white boy for us to fix," Shuri's other mood was erased as she put on a smile. "This is going to be fun."

Shuri had a hologram of where a bullet hit the man's spine.

"He will live," Shuri confirmed. "W'Kabi is here."

T'Challa went up to meet him at the top of the stairs.

"What's going on, brother?" He asked. "Where is Klaue?"

"He's not here. He slipped through our hands."

"'Slipped'? For 30 years, your father was in power and did nothing. With you, I thought it'd be different. But it's more of the same. To make matters worse, you aren't doing anything about the Second Black Panther, either," he finished as he walked away.

T'Challa walked down the stairs again and motioned for Ada to come with him. She obeyed and followed him outside of the lab.

"Ada, you lied to me."
"What?"

"You lied to me!" He raised his voice a little. "You said the Second Black Panther wouldn't be in Korea. You were wrong. She was there. She didn't fight me, but she was there."

"T'Challa, I am sorry. I didn't think she'd be there."

"Well, you were wrong. Are you sure you're telling me everything about her?"

"Yes," she responded immediately. "I wouldn't be hiding anything about her from you."

T'Challa noticed her accent slipped a little, but he was too upset to say anything. He then walked out of the room, leaving Ada there a little nervous. She walked back to the lab and saw Shuri working on healing the man.

"His name is Everett Ross," she said as she heard Ada enter her lab. "He's gonna be fine. And the situation with the Second Black Panther will be fine. I promise."

"Yeah. Yeah, it'll be fine."