THIRTY NINE

queen of the most powerful nation

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

"They were blue," Okoye continued to explain Queen Ramonda and the Elders. "They had superhuman strength. And they came from the water on the backs of whales. I struck down three of them with blows that should've killed them, but they rose again. I wish to leave immediately to retrieve our princess and Ada."

Okoye looked around as everyone stayed silent. It seemed that no one believed her.

"Okoye," the Queen started. "you will be stripped of your rank as General of Wakanda's armies and your status as Dora Milaje."

"Imvume yokuthetha... ikumkani wam? (Permission to speak... my Queen?)"
"You may."

"Ndiyakucela. (I beg of you.) I have given everything. Let me die serving my country and that throne. Ndibuza wena mama. (I'm asking you, Mother.) Allow me to make this right."

"'Make it right'? I do not know if my daughters are alive or dead."

"Perhaps we are being too hasty," an Elder spoke as M'Baku hummed. "She raised a spear against her own husband for Wakanda."

"Where is her treacherous husband now but in a place where she can visit if she wished? Mine... is with the ancestors. I am Queen of the most powerful nation in the world, and my entire family is gone! Have I not given everything?"

Okoye looked down to try and silence her cries as Ramonds collected herself.

"On your feet, General. I stood by you after Killmonger took the throne, and you and the elders in this room stood by him while I ran begging to the Jabari for protection. And I warned you about taking my daughters on this mission, and you lost them. So, today, I am done."

Okoye turned her spear upside down and put it on the ground as she sighed deeply. Ramonda watched as she walked out of the room, only thinking about Shuri and Ada.

-

Ramonda walked into her daughter's lab and looked around at everything, seeing how empty it was for the first time in forever.

"Are you here, GRIOT?" she helplessly asked the AI.

"Yes, my Queen," the AI responded.

"Were you with Shuri and Ada when they were abducted?" she asked as she breathed shakily.
"I was."

"Are you able to track Shuri's Kimoyo beads?"