ELEVEN

i am not dead!

i am not dead!

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

"What?" T'Challa barely whispered. "How could you? You've been against me... this whole time?"

"No. You threw the first punch toward me."

"I didn't know who you were."

"Well, you had to have had some idea."

"I didn't."

"Because of you, the nation of Wakanda thinks I am a mistake. I am a fucking embarrassment... because of you," she said as tears slipped down her cheeks.

"So this time, let me fight beside you. I hate feeling like this. Every time I am outside, I hear people talk shit about the Second Black Panther... And I cannot do anything. Nothing. So let me do what is right... and fight beside you. It may not change people's minds about me. But it'll change mine."

T'Challa sighed. "You will remain faceless. You will not take off the mask. We will tell the others you are staying here. I am so sorry for making you feel the way you do. But telling me only now—"

"That is my fault. I should've done it much, much earlier. But, you threw the first punch at a 14-year-old child, and I was scared. But let me make things right."

They shook hands, catching up with the others.

They were going to take Killmonger down.

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

As Killmonger and W'Kabi were speaking, they heard a ship go down and crash. Everyone ran towards the sound and saw the Black Panthers. T'Challa let his mask down as Ada kept her up.

"He lives," Okoye smiled.

"N'Jadaka!"

"Wassup?"

"I never yielded! And as you can see, I am not dead!"

"All that challenge shit is over with. I'm the king now! Get those planes in the air! Carry out the mission!"

"W'Kabi, man, kill this clown," Killmonger instructed.

"W'Kabi, the challenge is not complete," Okoye said to her husband.

"What will we do?" A tribesman asked as they saw T'Challa and Ada get closer.

"Border Tribe! Phambili! (Forward!)"