6

"You're going to be nice to her, okay Miles?" I look in the rearview mirror to see the boy nod his head up and down. Miles is a good kid don't get me wrong, but sometimes he can get really clingy. Like really clingy.

One time I took the boy to my old bud's house, and I had to drag the boy out the door because "he's my bests friend, he gave me pizza rollsss!!"

I haven't taken him to a friend's house ever since. This is different though, we're going to a 90's dinner. I throw Miles a glance before pulling up to the girl's house.

I see the girl speedily walking out the door while adjusting the pink purse on her shoulder. Before I can think to open the door for her, she's already swinging the car door open.

I take in her appearance as she applies her strawberry-kiwi lipgloss. She's wearing a pink body-con dress with strawberries printed on it, with a white long-sleeve shirt underneath. I catch myself slowly looking down at her exposed legs, and I see her white leg warmers with her Air Forces.

I look back up to show attention to her thighs, but after a minute watch them press tightly together. My eyes widen at the realization, I've been staring this entire time.

I quickly look up to see the woman's and little boy's faces blankly staring at me. I feel nothing but shame at the moment, but I take a loud breath calming my nerves.

"So are you going to keep staring, or are you going to introduce me to your adorable little friend here?" She coos out the last part, before looking back at the boy making a playful kissy face. The boy giggles at the girl's gesture and introduces himself.

"I'm Miles, I'm six, my best color is red, I'm Spiderman, I'm pizza rolls, and I'm definitely a ladies' man." the boy says excitedly, while his hands are clenching the arms of his booster seat.

"Who the hell taught you that?" I ask the boy as my face scrunches at the last sentence. A damn shame.
"My friends at school, they told me I'm one." The boy slyly grins at me while confessing in a sassy tone.

I roll my eyes before looking back toward the girl, she's covering her mouth while trying not to laugh at the boy's sass. She makes eye contact with me and starts busting out laughing, which makes me laugh in return.

I laugh even harder at the girl when she starts to choke on her spit. Not wanting her to die, I calm down and pat her back. "What was so funny?" The little boy asked unaware of his comedy. Me and my woman make eye contact before we say "Nothing!" in sync.

***

I look up from my menu to look at the woman who's talking to the little boy. "No I'm Spider-Man, you can be Catwoman." The boy argues with the lady before grabbing the black crayon.

"Ion' wanna be Catwoman though, I wanna be spider man." The woman says before loudly smacking on her mint gum in the boy's ear to annoy him. The boy squeals before pushing the woman's face back, causing her and the boy to break out into laughter.

"Fine, I'll be Catwoman." Deteli huffs out while folding her arms. The boy wraps his short arms around the girl's neck pulling her into a hug, before going back to drawing on the child's menu paper.

Before I can say anything to the girl who's now looking at me, a waitress whose name tag says 'Betty' says something first. "Hey welcome to Peggy's dinner how can I help you!" the middle age woman holds a pleased smile holding up her clipboard.

"I'd like a 4 piece chicken strip combo for the kid, and I'll take a fried chicken combo with mashed potatoes. Please." I add a please at the end and the woman nods her and then turns her head towards my woman.

"I'd like the pot pie." The Middle-aged woman gives the girl a nod before walking back to the cooks.

"I'm surprised you didn't order chicken strips like Miles" I make conversation while playing with the straw in the water that I ordered previously. The girl looks at me with interest before taking a sip of her strawberry lemonade.

"I have a very diverse taste palette, I'm open to everything" The girl looks at me with a smile and continued. "Do you find yourself having a diverse taste palette?" She looks at me with curiosity in her eyes, and so I give her an answer.

"Yes, I'm very open to tasting new things, except for spicy things, my spice tolerance is very low," I say remembering how I damn near died off a Taki. "We'll have to fix that, I can't live life without a little seasoning." The girl looks at me, now absentmindedly biting on her straw.

I shift in my seat glancing down at my legs feeling a little intimidated by the woman, until I hear the waitress slide a plate on the table. I look up at my food and my mouth starts to water.

I and Deteli thank the lady before she makes her way to a different table. "Take my hand," I ask no questions and hold my lady's hand. I watch her grab Miles's hand and close her eyes. I look at her in confusion when she begins to pray. My mouth drops in awe as I see Miles bow his head and close his eyes also.

***
We laugh at Miles's joke as our meal comes to an end. "Miles can I see drawing now, pleaseee." the woman says as she peaks over the little boy's shoulder.

"Okay count down to five." The little boy asks while hiding the page. Me and Deteli decided to count down, and so the boy flipped his paper excitedly. It's two what seem to be Spider-Mans, one with two C's on the chest and another one that's just a stick figure with big ass feet.

"Aww, Miles this is so good, is this me and you? I thought you said I couldn't be Spiderman?" The woman questions the boy while resting her hand on her cheek. "Well, I like you, so you can be Spiderman too." The boy smiles wide at the girl and I can't help to feel a tiny bit of jealousy. I don't like how my brother is basically hitting on my girl.

"Miles you so sweet." The girl gives the boy a head pat before turning to me to give me a mocking smile. "Hey, where am I at?!" I ask the boy, now feeling kind of hurt.

"You're the spider in the corner of the page" the boy gives me a blank stare before turning back to my woman to chat it up. "Your ass got me fucked up," I tell the boy while watching the girl trying to hold back a giggle.

"Hey, no bad words!" The boy slaps my hand and I loudly grunt. The girl couldn't hold back her laughter anymore.
——————————-
I gave y'all a little calm and fun chapter. I hope you guys like Miles. In the character information, I said Miles is French, soon you'll find out why. I hope to update 3 times a week. So you guys will be FED.