4

It has been 2 weeks since I last heard from or seen her. I've visited her house every day but she was never home every time I checked. I even texted her a couple of times to no avail.

Moving my tongue against my
smooth bottom lip, I think about the kiss. I can still taste the strawberry on her tongue. I want this woman so badly my chest hurts. You know how you feel when your favorite celebrity crush post and they heart your thirst comment. Yeah, it's like that.

I open my eyes finally done daydreaming and flip to the last page of the book, acting like I'm reading so I don't look suspicious. I lift my head up from the book to see if I can spot the woman at the front desk.

I let out a deep sigh and roll my eyes, it's the same old ass lady from 3 hours ago. Does she not have a  lunch break?

The grip I have on my book gets tense and I let out a sigh while starting to get out of my seat. If she doesn't want to be found, then so be it. She's a random anyways, I just wanted to hit it and quit it. But doing all this for some pussy is borderline creepy and downbad.

Before I could stand up completely I heard the door to the library ring. I sit back down quickly making sure to lift the book up to cover my face, looking at the book like I'm choosing what to order off a menu.

I rest my head against the book pages praying to God himself that it's Deteli who just walked in. Then I look up to see a beautiful Angel wearing a brown sweater vest with a white undershirt and a pair of semi-baggy blue jeans. She walks in quietly in her uncreased white forces progressing towards the front desk giving the old lady a pearly white smile.

I watch her say something to the lady before they switch positions. Old lady bows her head before leaving while Deteli gets comfortable in the warm chair. I look back towards the book hoping she doesn't notice me. Wait actually...

I do want her to notice me.

I stand up, going to grab another book from the shelf that's directly on the side of the front desk. I make sure my steps are loud to catch the girl's attention. I make it to the shelf and place the book back. I 'accidentally' make eye contact with her as I was turning to go out the door.

"Oh hi!" I raise my voice and get shushed in return. I mutter a quick sorry while scratching behind my neck. The pretty lady gives me a quick smile before speaking.

"Hey, the guy from the party" Her braids fall on her shoulders as she begins to play with the strands. I give her a blank look seeing how she didn't use my name. The lady gives me a guilty look in return.

"I'm sorry, can you give me your name again? I have a really poor memory." she looks down at her hands with a dark tint rising from her cheeks.

I can't stop my heart from dropping after hearing she doesn't even remember my name. "It's Sellivon" I respond with monotone in my voice in an attempt to hide my growing sadness.

I can see it doesn't work when I notice Deteli's face fall. She quickly tries to hide it by smiling again. See now I feel bad, got her all sad and shit. I try to ease the situation but before I can she cuts me off.

"I need your number again, because my ex ended up breaking my phone last week. I need to move cuz' that motherfucker keeps pulling up to my house." she lets out a deep sigh before rubbing her forehead.

Leaning back in her chair she hands me her phone. I knew she wouldn't ignore me on purpose, she wouldn't do that to me. I smile to myself before typing in the digits, making sure to make her contact "My fav boy".

I hand her back her phone before giving her a slight nod. She thanks me kindly before sending me a message saying it was her.

"I'm sorry about your ex, no one deserves that. Cheater or not." I add that last part with a little bit of salt, still, it lowkey hurts. She catches my silk comment and rolls her eyes before showing a smirk.

"No. But in all seriousness, if you need a place to stay, I know a guy who knows a guy," I would offer for her to live with me, but I know that would probably scare her off.

She gives me a nod before speaking, "Thank you, I actually might take you up on that offer, rent getting a little too high anyways." She lets out a laugh, but I know she's being completely serious.

"I'll give you the number when I get home then. I-I'll be heading out now though, I need to pick up my brother to babysit." I blush after I stuttered, but what I said was true, I did need to babysit but not right now.

We say our goodbyes before I head out hearing the door ring behind me. Truth is...I'm going to go figure out where her ex lives, he needs to be dealt with. Throwing harm in any woman's way is not something I support. So he will be handled.

I know I just met her two weeks ago, but I feel a connection between us. I've never felt so happy seeing someone in my life, but when I look at her I see life. I want to give this girl the world and I don't even know her full name. Which will hopefully change soon.

After a 30-minute drive, I make it home and enter my room. I start to work on the book I'm writing. I have 2 New York best-time sellers and even won the best author of 2022 award. But even now, nobody knows what I look like. I remain anonymous due to the fact I don't like the attention. I do have a following on my professional acc, but only around 300k, and I only post book teasers. Smut teasers if anything.

I crack my knuckles that are ready for arthritis and get to typing on the Google Doc.

'I watch the beauty walk past me and she takes my breath. The smell of soft flowers and chocolate hit my nose and I have no choice but to bite. I try to talk but the words cannot be found as she takes them from me. I end up following her to her home and I look down to see my hands turn red. The lady is on the floor, cuz she ain't give me headddd'

I end up trolling on the last few sentences before deleting them, not knowing what else to write I get up from my desk to go draw. Ever since I met Deteli I couldn't stop drawing her. I get my pencil and sketchbook while taking a seat on my bed, deciding to draw the moment she smiled at me in the library.

I can't get good details since I don't have a reliable reference. But I try to get her as accurately as possible, down to the shading to the light moles on her face. I sigh dropping the pencil feeling frustrated, if only I had a picture or something. This would be so much easier...
*******************************
A/N
Sorry for the break guys, I got sick and then became lazy. Buttt I finished the second half at 12am so if u see any spelling mistakes. Let it rock. Thank y'all again for giving this story a chance so happy this book got 100 reads n 25 votes. Love y'all frfr.