chapter 50

Aaron's POV 

I look at Nick as we enter the upper seat of the live performance of a very famous singer, one that I quite admire I must say.

"How did you know?" Aaron asks 

"Hmm I was thinking… should bring you to a live porn action but then I realized I might get really turned on and that won't be a respectful first date would it?" He gently teases me

"You.." I paused and my cheek felt slightly warm. "We are in public" 

Nick chuckles and slightly pulls me closer and kisses my forehead. "You listen to her music a lot, and seems really interested so I thought I'd take you out to see her" 

"What would happen if I didn't like the artist?" 

"I'd know, you're very vocal about your dislikes" he leans in.

I smile at him then look over at the stage as Nannalyss the lead vocalist sings. She was an old singer but not a very popular one back when I was a child before Corey came, mom was actually quite close to us. One of the things we'd do is listen to Nannalyss after he came from work we'd dance and play with each other. He was the best friend and mom someone could ask for, but he changed after Corey came along.

Mom is full of secrets and I don't know if he lies but then again secrets come with lies don't they? 

Before I mind could delve deeper into these depressing and untrustworthy thoughts I looks at the stage as Nannalyss holds mike releasing her hypnotic yet sad vocals. She had an exotic look but yet it seems her age only made her look ever more regal. 

After the concert was over, we decided to drive down to the bench and walk against the seaside but before that we stopped by Kingley burgers and bought two combos. We went and parked the car and ate together.

"Here I was thinking you'd carry me out to some fancy candle night dinner or something" 

"Well, that was my first plan. But I wondered, is that what you want?" Nick said, "well, I realize something I know you but at the same time I don't. So maybe we could start out like this to a concert eat burgers take by the beach"

It is simple yet, I like it. Don't get me wrong I love reservations and nice dinner night plans but sometimes it's just easier to eat and talk about stuff. 

After eating we took off our shoes then headed out to the beach, "hey Nick, I barely know. Like what is your favorite color?" 

Nick who was walking backwards looking at me, "I like… blue and purple preferably periwinkle" he said. "And you?" 

"I like pink and red," 

"Pink and red reminds me of something" 

"My eyes?" I added thinking he was gonna say something cheesy

"I was gonna say your temper but that works too" he teases

"You–" I puff ready to chase after him when he runs towards him and grabs me by my waist running further into the water. "Nick!" 

I feel like I'm about to throw up, I pitch his butt distracting him as he suddenly trips over something and we both fall in. "You!" 

I could taste the salt seawater in my mouth. I look at him who tried to wipe his face when I splash the water in his face. 

"Aaron!" 

I splash the water again he then laughs and splashes the water back at me, before I knew it we were both splashing water on each other while running. 

It's been a while since I've done something as childish as this.

Spencer's POV 

I opened my eyes when I turned to hug Gomez but I couldn't feel him next to me. I got up off the bed slipping on my bed slippers and headed outside. When I walked into  the living room I saw the kitchen light on then head towards it, where I saw him sitting around the dining table with a mug of coffee and papers in his hands.

I cross my arms and walk over to him, realizing my presence he looks over to me then pushes out the chair, "do you need something?" 

"No, I was just wondering why you were not in bed" I said 

"I was packing some old files the other day when I stumbled on some old files that piqued my interest," he said.

"Can I see them?" 

He puts the documents out for me next to him, as I look at the photo of the person who is attached to it my heart skipped a beat. 

"Can I open it?" I asked him.

"No, you're not supposed to, but maybe this once" he said, talking up another document.

"Johan Fredriks, missing person?" 

"Yeah, this was what my dad used to investigate. He felt something wasn't right with this person" Gomez informs me.

I skip through it as I listen, "what was odd about it?" 

"At 16 Johan Fredriks once in the span of a couple of months would at least file reports of being sexually harassed by someone in his household" Gomez informs.

I looked at him and he gave me another folder with it showing it but the cases were all closed. "I don't understand?" 

"All the cases were dismissed, after investigation led to the accused being scratch free and Johan was determined to imagining things" Gomez explains.

I didn't know this, honestly this sounds messed up, "and then?" 

"Two years after, he ran away and his mother filed a missing person report this is the beginning of this messy case" 

Gomez gets up then walks over to the fridge, opens it and takes out the orange juice he went to the cupboard and takes out a glass cup and pours some orange then places it next to me.

"This may be a long night if you're up for it" he looks at me while putting the juice back into the fridge.

"Well, yeah"