chapter 51

Aaron's POV 

Aaron's POV 

I looked at my phone screen a bit concerned, waiting. Been 3 days now and still nothing…

I then dial Amoya, something didn't feel right in my gut. 

"Hey Amoya," 

"Yeah, what's up" 

"Have you talked to mom recently? After he left?" Aaron asks 

"No not really, I've tried calling him but didn't get through. He sent me a message that he was fine though, is something wrong?" 

"No, not really it's just strange that's all" 

"Mom is his own person Aaron, he does stuff at random" 

"Not without informing us or leaving in dark," 

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it's just strange not having him text me good morning or good night. Maybe I'm being childish and need to grow up, but it's something I'm not used to. My mom infuriates me a lot, but these messages and emails always made me know and feel that he cares. The "I love yous" in the morning, noon and night, the have you eaten are you okay? 

I remember how I hated it as a teen, because if I didn't text back he'd rail my phone with messages until it got confiscated by the teachers because it was disturbing the school trip. Our relationship was not the best, but I knew he loved me and I didn't question that but why isn't he texting at all now? 

Nick places the plate with pancakes and bacon in front of me, he then places an espresso with cream on top. It looks delicious and neat so I then took a picture and posted it on my social media.

"Hey what's the matter?" Nick asks, smiling.

"Nothing it's just that… mom hasn't contacted in three days" 

This is probably gonna sound childish to him, like everyone else, Nick would probably be the same. But hearing a long silence I looked up at him.

"??"

"Hey. How about this tell your sister that the next time he calls tell her to tell him to call you when he does come to me" Nick said.

"That seems excessive" 

"Well you but not to me" 

I look at him then place my hand on my chin, "Nick what secret are you keeping from me about my mom?" I said 

"It's not my place to tell, but… when I was young I met your mother back then he was in a relationship with a complete psycho. And one of the things the psycho liked was isolating him, so I made him make a promise to communicate everyday even if it was trivial things so if he was kidnapped or in danger I'd know" Nick admits.

I didn't know that, why didn't I know that? 

If that's the case, I dial my phone to call Amoya, she answers with a sigh.