𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏: 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒

Start from the beginning

Eris groaned, "Fine," she said breathlessly, "but no marks."

"Yes, marks," he nipped at her neck.

"Jeremiah!"

He hummed thoughtfully, "Maybe I can make my initials this time."

She covered her face, "Oh my god."

He shrugged, "You brought this on yourself," he peppered kisses down her neck, "Don't start something you can't finish."

Eris scowled, all embarrassment gone and replaced with annoyance, "You—"

He kissed her again and she lost her train of thought.

"What were you saying?" He asked, tilting his head.

She swallowed, "N-Nevermind..." she said weakly, her voice high-pitched.

"That's what I thought."

Just as Jeremiah was finally about to take off his undershirt, Eris grabbed his wrist.

Her stomach started to hurt. "W-Wait," she stuttered, "something is w-wrong."

Jeremiah instantly pulled away, "What's wrong?" He asked quickly. He looked around for any signs of danger.

Ever since betraying Luke, Jeremiah became extra paranoid. Always thinking Luke would just pop out of anywhere to get revenge, it also didn't help that Jeremiah played a key part in stopping the UnGodly Hour. It was part of the reason he rarely ever left camp and when he did it was always to see Eris but it was always late, not that she minded. He was disappointed he couldn't visit his mom and sister anymore but he'd rather distance himself from them than Luke hurt them.

Eris wrapped her hand around her throat. "I—" she choked on her spit.

Something wasn't right. Eris knew something was off. Her head started to spin and sweat started to fall from her forehead. Her throat felt dry and her hands wouldn't stop shaking. Her chest heaved up and down. Her vision became dazed and confused. She felt bile rise to her throat. "I-I-I-" Her mouth couldn't even form words.

"Breathe," Jeremiah said gently, gripping her hands, "C'mon, Lewis. Breathe, in and out."

The last time she felt this...

"Someone died," she choked out. She panted harshly, "S-someone, I know they just...I can feel it..."

She stumbled off the bed.

"Lewis—"

He watched as she hurriedly started to get dressed. "Lewis, just relax—"

She moved around better now since get a fancy foot prosthetic designed by Charles Beckendorf himself. It was only a prototype but it was still great. It was linked directly to her nervous system and moved like a natural appendage, taking electrical pulses from her nerves to power and regulate the various electric motors and pneumatic actuators inside. It was a complete steel skeletal frame layered with steel armor plating to protect the various wires and intricate machinery inside.

At first, it was hard to get used to and the first months of rehab were tortuous, filled with tears and arguments between Eris and her parents. But it was worth it. She moved like she never lost her foot, to begin with. The only issue was explaining to the kids at school how she somehow managed to lose an entire limb over the course of summer. That was a story for another time.

"Lewis, Relax."

"I can't relax," she told him frantically, "Annabeth, Percy, Grover, oh my god! I..."

Meow.

Both froze and turned to the darkest corner of Eris's room where Salem came out of the shadows. A rolled-up piece of paper from Eris's father is attached to his collar. Over the past year, Eris started actually reading letters from her dad and usually kept them. But now...