𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎: 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎: 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀

"Why don't you love me?"

ALICIA STARED AT ERIS AND ERIS COULDN'T HELP BUT STARE BACK.

"H-How did you find me?" Alicia asked, her confident aura now gone. "I told-I told him—"

"Can we come in please?" Thalia asked. "I don't think this is a conversation you guys should be having on your doorstep."

Alicia blinked, "Right," she side-stepped and opened the door wider. When they walked in she shut the door behind her. She led them to her couch and sat across from them.

Eris knew where she had seen Alicia before. She was a reporter for FOXNews, Katherine watched her channel every morning before dropping Eris off at school.

"How did you find me?" Alicia asked again with narrow eyes. Her posture was a stiff as a statue as she stared them all down.

   "I...Hades gave me your address," Eris replied, squirming in her seat. "He...he thought I'd want to meet you."

"He didn't even consider the fact that I didn't want to meet you," Alicia muttered. She pinched the bridge of her nose, "Why are you here?"

Eris's throat felt dry. She didn't know what she expected when the met Alicia. Maybe some tears of joy or mournful regret...not this...

"I...just...I...I need..." The words are out of her mouth before she can even control it, "Why did you give me up?"

The question surprised Eris mouth than it surprised Alicia. She didn't even know she wanted to know why she was given up.

Thalia grabbed Zoë and Percy's arm, "We'll just be in the other room," she dragged them both away ignoring Percy's protest.

Alicia opened and closed her mouth a couple of times, "I...are you sure you want to know?"

"I...I think so."

Alicia eyed Eris before sighing. "I had your sister young...really young. I was like eighteen? Nineteen?...My mom didn't believe in abortion, so I was stuck with her. Raising your sister...it was okay for a while, then when I was twenty-two, I met your father. He was an okay guy, I guess. The relationship...it was never meant to be taken seriously."

"Oh..."

"I don't know about your friend's parents, but I never loved your father and I know he didn't love me. Originally, I was going to abort you."