𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗: 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐖𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐑𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐘

"Mistress..."

THEY STOOD IN FRONT OF VALENCIA BOULEVARD LOOKING UP AT GOLD LETTERS ETCHED IN BLACK MARBLE: DOA RECORDING STUDIOS.

Underneath the sign read: NO SOLICITORS, NO LOITERING, NO LIVNG.

The lobby was lively and full of people. Behind the security desk was a buff looking guard with sunglasses and an ear piece.

Eris gulped as Percy turned to them, "Okay. You remember the plan?"

"Yep," Eris squeaked out.

The more time that passed the more Eris was regretting coming on this quest. Their quest for the lightning bolt was almost over and she had yet to met her father. She thought she would have met him by now. Turns out she had just been wasting her time.

But still...the sick feeling of disappointment bubbled in her stomach. She'd just end up being an orphan forever.

"The plan," Grover gulped, "Yeah. I love the plan."

Annabeth said, "What happens if the plan doesn't work?"

"Don't think negative."

All Eris was thinking was negative. What was she thinking? This was a terrible idea.

"Right," Annabeth said, "We're entering the land of dead, and I shouldn't think negative."

"I'm sure we'll be fine," Eris said weakly, nudging Annabeth.

I'm gonna die.

Annabeth put her hand on his shoulder, "Eris is right. I'm sorry, Percy. We'll make it. It'll be fine." She nudged Grover harshly.

"Oh, right!" Grover chimed in, "We got this far. We'll find the Master bolt and save your mom. No problem."

Percy smiled at bit, "Let's whup some Underworld ass."

They walked inside the DOA lobby with Annabeth purposely walking in front of Eris.

Jazz music played from the speakers and the Capet and walls were the same shade of grey. The couches were all gray and completely filled with people who that if you looked hard enough we're actually transparent. No one talked, no one moved, no one really did anything.