𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗: 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐅

"He didn't deserve that."

SIX MONTHS AGO
JANUARY 12th, 2007

TWO DAYS.

At least that was Eris thought. She didn't know exactly how much time had passed.

Two days she had spent in literal hell.

    She spent the past two days hiding in trees and praying. She hadn't eaten in days and she was sure that eventually her rumbling stomach would give her away.

    She knew she could survive a couple days without food but if she she didn't get any water by tomorrow she'd be dead.

   Her leg wasn't getting any better either, the pain wasn't as bad but she was sure it was probably adrenaline. Eris had briefly horrifyingly thought of amputating her own leg  but couldn't even stomach the idea of doing it. It would probably be a smart idea considering her leg was the main thing slowing her down but Eris couldn't bring herself to do it.

  Just the thought of cutting off her own leg made her queasy.

   Eris gritted her teeth as she stabbed her spear into the ground and continued to hobble her way down the path she could only hope were toward the Doors Of Death.

   She hobbled from a far distance behind different monsters that seemed to be going in the same direction. It was a risky idea, following behind monsters, but it was the only thing she could think of.

   She bit her lip to hold back a wince as she hobbled again and that was when she heard it—

   WHOOSH!

    She held back a yelp as she heard fast gushing wind whirl past her ear. She trembled as she looked around, trying find out what happened when suddenly her ear exploded in pain.

  Her shaky hands felt the edge of her ear and she silently winced when she pulled back her hand only to find blood.

    Eris' body trembled as she looked up and that was when she saw it.

   Flying above her in the dark sky was the body of the biggest eagle Eris had ever seen. It's feathers were black and looked to be made of leather, it's beak was razor sharp like it was made out of knives. It's long tongue dripped out of its beak and flicked across its  tips, licking up the blood from Eris' ear.