𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐙𝐘 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋

"She's crazy, man.."

PERCY JACKSON BLINKED HARSHLY AS HE REALIZED HE WAS A IN A SOFT BED, being spoon-fed a warm substance that tasted like buttered popcorn. He glanced up and a girl with curly blonde hair hovered over him, smirking at him.

He expected her to say something like: Are you okay? How are you?

But instead she said, "What will happen at the summer solstice?"

His throat was so dry he could barely answer her, "What?"

"What's going on? Was it stolen? We've only got a few weeks!" She said hurriedly, as if she were scared someone would overheat.

His head began to pound, "I'm sorry," he mumbled, "I don't..."

Percy heard the a knock on the door and the girl quickly shoved another mouthful of the warm substance in his mouth.

When Percy woke up again instead of the blonde girl it was a blonde, husky dude who resembled a surfer. He was standing in the corner watching over Percy. He had blue eyes and little scars on his face and hands.

When Percy woke up again for the finally time he found himself in a much nicer room than he was used too. He was sitting in a deck chair on a large porch and a breeze that smelled like sweet strawberries filled his nose.

He noticed on the table next to him a tall drink that looked similar to apple juice. He reached out to grab it and nearly dropped it from how weak he was.

"Careful," someone said and Oercy immediately recognized it as Grover. He was leaning on the porch railing and looked like he hadn't slept in a whole week. He had a shoe box under one of his arms and had on a fresh orange shirt that said 'CAMP HALF-BLOOD'. He wore jeans that made his goat half disappear so Grover just looked like the plain old Grover Percy went to school with.

For a second Percy thought it was all a nightmare. That maybe his mother was alive and that they were still on vacation away from Smelly Gabe-

"You saved my life," Grover said, "I...well, the least I could do....I went back to the hill. I thought you might want this."

He handed Percy the shoe box, Percy opened it only to find a large black-and-white horn with a jagged base, the tip of if covered in blood.

Percy realized that everything that had happened was not a nightmare.

Rage filled his stomach, "The Minotaur."