𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐: 𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐔𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄

"The loneliest people have the kindest hearts..."

    CAMP LOOKED DIFFERENT.

Big House was still there with its blue gabled roof and its wraparound porch. The strawberry fields still baked in the sun. The same white-columned Greek buildings were scattered around the valley—the amphitheater, the combat arena, the dining pavilion overlooking Long Island Sound. And nestled between the woods and the creek were the same cabins—a crazy assortment of twelve buildings, each representing a different Olympian god.

But the normal friendly aura was gone and replaced by an aura of danger that was similar to the underworld. Instead of playing volleyball in the sandpit, counselors and satyrs were stockpiling weapons in the tool shed. Dryads armed with bows and arrows talked nervously at the edge of the woods. The forest looked sickly, the grass in the meadow was pale yellow, and the fire marks on Half-Blood Hill stood out like ugly scars.

Camp didn't look like home anymore but then again Camp never was really home to Eris. She never felt accepted here.

She didn't even have a cabin.

She winced, her bones ached terribly. There was a reason she hated calling upon spirits of dead Greek heroes and it was because her body always felt an enormous amount of pain whenever she did. Hades had said it was because her body was too small, too weak to withstand her power yet.

She only pulled out the Helen Of Troy card when it was absolute emergency and when she walked in Camp and saw her friends almost become human barbecue she decided it was an emergency.

She eyed her friends. Percy hadn't changed much, he was still short with her black hair and sea green eyes except now it was obvious he had entered puberty. He had acne covering his face and his limbs looked gangly.

Annabeth hadn't changed much either. Her hair was the same pretty shade of blonde and her tan was a bit lighter. She had gotten obviously taller.

Clarisse—

Eris avoided her eyes; she didn't want to think about Clarisse.

"E-Eris," Annabeth sputtered, scrambling to stand up with Percy by her side, "We thought you may have well..."

"We thought you were dead, nice to see you again, Worthless Lewis." Clarisse said flatly before marching off.

She flinched before taking a deep breath. Even now with her powers and being claimed, Clarisse's words still got to her and what's even worst is that Eris believed it.

    Eris 'Worthless' Lewis, the girl no one wanted.

Eris blinked, "I...I was only one month late," she said quietly, "I didn't mean to worry anyone, sorry."