" You! But I told you I don't want Aunty to see you." Paro managed to utter, her words barely escaping her trembling lips.

" Yes. That's why I came directly to your room. Don't worry, she didn't see me." Adi smirked looking at her.

"Open the door, Paro," Adi instructed, his tone having a clear sense of authority.

Paro's eyes darted around the corridor. A mix of reluctance played across Paro's face as she stood near the door, key in hand.

" Fine. Let people come and see me." Adi said again. 

Without saying anything Paro opened the door and entered followed by Adi.

She went fast to a corner and kept wiping off the sheen of sweat forming on her forehead as she felt his presence behind her almost immediately.

" So my feisty cat is back huh! I am impressed." His breath lingered against her ear as he wrapped his arms around her, imprisoning her in a twisted embrace.

" Or should I say pissed off to receive a call from the police station early in the morning only to hear that my girlfriend went to file a complaint against me with her dear little friend?" 

Adi's voice suddenly became cold as he kept talking but his hands kept roaming around her cheeks tenderly. 

Paro mentally tried to prepare herself to face what was coming.

Within a moment she was turned around

as his touch transitioned from tenderness to brutality. The madness in his eyes was back.

"Your actions this morning would have cost you dearly, Paro," Adi hissed, his voice dripping with a sickening warning. 

" But then I decided you already have had enough.  Your dear little friend not trusting in you and getting manipulated so easily is enough for you to fathom. Isn't it?" The mockery was clear in his tone.

Paro looked at Adi, not believing him. His words were ringing in her ear. 

" What do you mean? She believed me." Paro said more to herself than Adi.

Adi let out a chuckle. 

" Oh really! So why didn't she stop me to bring you with me then? I suppose you also don't know that your friend has a teenage crush on me. Hmm?" Arrogance and mockery dripped out of his voice.

His last words didn't reach her ears. She was still stuck to the first words that left his mouth. When Adi took Paro from her house she had a suspicion. But she wasn't ready yet for someone to confirm.

Ishita didn't believe her. Her friend didn't believe her! 

Paro's heart sank, drowning in the realization. She felt extremely stupid and more angry with herself than Adi. She felt trapped, a pawn in a disturbing game. 

Adi's eyes roamed over her face carefully. The vulnerability was clearly written on her face.

He took a deep sigh and kept her in his embrace carefully. His expression momentarily softened.

" I know, last night, I lost control. But it's your fault. You thought you could lie to me and get away with it. Don't  provoke me ever again like that."

His hand roamed over her back, as if trying to calm the tempest within himself, a tempest she knew all too well.

"Believe me when I say no one can love you as I do. No one trusts you except me. Don't hold on to your ego. Be mine," his voice, calm yet dark, sent chills of horror down Paro's spine, even in her indifferent state. He sounded like a man possessed by the darkness.

" By the way, I have to go to the USA for the next fifteen days. I am gonna miss you so much. Behave like a good girl, hmm?"

 Adi stated, holding her hand.

A sense of relief washed over Paro's face. The thought of having a temporary respite from his presence, from the constant suffocation of his control, brought a glimmer of hope to her eyes.

Even though she tried not to show it on her face. But Adi's keen observation did not miss the flicker of relief that graced Paro's expression.

 Anger suddenly surged within him, a seething fire that threatened to consume any trace of solace she might have found. With a sudden burst of fury, he yanked her hair back, forcing her to meet his intense gaze.

" Tsk..tsk.. such a disobedient girlfriend I got! Feeling relaxed baby? But don't worry. The little stunt you pulled today, I am not going to leave you alone after that." 

He growled, his voice dripping with menace. 

"I will be watching your every move, and mark my words, I will be back sooner than you think." 

" Tell me now that you will be a good girl," Adi demanded.

Paro nodded her head hoping to get rid of him. 

"Use your words." his voice laced with dominance and an underlying threat.

"I will," she whispered, her words carrying a bitter taste of surrender.

A flash of triumph gleamed in Adi's eyes as he released his grip on her hair. His hand traced the curve of her jaw, a mocking caress that hinted at the possessiveness he held over her. 

And then, in an audacious act of dominance, he stole a kiss, his lips crashing against hers with a force that left her breathless.

" Sweet!" He exclaimed, rubbing his lips with his thumb. Paro turned her face in disgust.

With a chilling last gaze, Adi turned away and left the room, leaving Paro to contemplate the suffocating reality of her existence.

As soon as Adi left Paro leaned her cheeks against the window frame,

There was no life in her eyes, no radiance in her face, her passionate helpless cries of imprisoned soul went unheard.

She wanted someone who would be able to understand her, would share the heavy weight that had fallen on her young heart. 

But again she was left alone. She was back from where she started from. No one believed her again. 

Suddenly her homesickness became stronger. Wiping out her silent tears Paro knew what she was going to do now.

She would leave the city.

•••••••••••••