17 | ❝Thunderstorms❞ - Soobin

╔══════════════════╗
CHOI SOOBIN
✎ xvii. thunderstorms
╚══════════════════╝

You heard the door creek open and then click closed from where you were sitting at your desk, not really paying attention to your notes anymore

You heard the door creek open and then click closed from where you were sitting at your desk, not really paying attention to your notes anymore. You shut your science textbook on time with a particularly loud clap of thunder from outside. It was stormy, your favourite weather, but not your favourite weather to be studying in. You'd much rather be cuddling now that your boyfriend had returned.

Plus, you were sure he would be wanting some hugs too. He hadn't said much about what went wrong during the day, but he seemed sad from his texts, and you could read him easily after years of dating. As you approached him, he gave you a half-hearted smile, trying to mask the tiredness on his face with the hoodie he had pulled over. Of course, it didn't work on you.

"Hey, how was your day?" You asked him, wrapping your arms around his waist, bunching the slightly damp fabric of his hoodie at the back to pull him closer.

He sighed in content, "It's getting better now." He nuzzled his head into the crook of your neck, glad to be back somewhere warm and cozy.

"It's storming out there" You whispered happily into his chest. It was your favourite weather and Soobin's as well. The comfort it brought to be safe and warm in your lover's arms while hearing the harsh claps of thunder and drip of the rain outside wasn't something that could be replaced.

"Sounds like cuddling is on the agenda tonight, hm?"

"Yes, please."

Soobin smiled and kissed your forehead before heading off to the shower. In the meantime, you mixed up two mugs of hot chocolate and brought them to your bedside table. You got comfy under the blankets and waited for Soobin to join you. He did quickly, as eager to cuddle as you were. He wrapped his arms around you and you inhaled his clean comforting scent, laying your head on his chest.

You stayed like that for a long time, sipping on your hot chocolate occasionally, listening to Soobin's steady heartbeat and the patter of the raindrops hitting the roof and windows. You wished you could stay in the moment forever. There was no place you liked better than Soobin's arms, receiving his soft kisses, soaking in his warmth.