11 | ❝Not Your Average Boyfriend❞ - Beomgyu

╔══════════════════╗
CHOI BEOMGYU
✎ xi. not your average boyfriend
╚══════════════════╝

a/n. beomgyu as spiderman au!!

Sometimes you wondered why you had been so unlucky in your life

Sometimes you wondered why you had been so unlucky in your life. Every unfortunate event seemed to happen to you, while everyone you knew was just swimming in good fortune. It simply wasn't fair or even explainable.

Your bad luck seemed to be on a streak this particular week, Monday starting off with a failed test grade, Tuesday gifting you a new top-ten most embarrassing moments of your life encounter, and insomnia blessing your body with no sleep on Wednesday night. Whoever was up there in the sky deciding peoples fates was outdoing themselves with yours.

After taking a power nap until 11 pm to substitute for the lost sleep, you got out your textbooks and notes to study for your upcoming science exam. You were so sure you were going to fail. You couldn't focus in class recently, which meant you didn't understand any of the chemistry you were supposed to learn in the unit, and there wasn't even time to ask your teacher for help or a study session. The test was tomorrow, so you knew you were screwed.

There were two reasons that you had pinpointed for why you were losing focus. The first was because of your boyfriend, Beomgyu. He always seemed to be busy, and your usual late night dates were always cancelled last minute. It felt like he was ignoring you, or even falling out of love, you weren't sure.

You had noticed that he seemed to be weirdly focused on something particular lately, taking his focus off of school and you. He had been spacing out for a couple weeks now. You'd seen him researching spiders one day in your computer block and you had jokingly asked him if he was going to pursue being an arachnologist. But that was only the first thing taking up space in your brain.

The second was because you kept being reminded of the news report from Tuesday night. A teenage girl's body was found dead in an alleyway not too far away from your apartment building. The report had you spooked ever since that night. "Found stabbed to death. A total of 34 flesh wounds were located," The investigations reported.

Worst of all, the victim had been around your age. When you first heard about it, you were surprised that it wasn't you lying dead in the alleyway. With your bad luck, it wouldn't be too far-fetched.

Apparently, a witness on the scene had claimed a masked red figure had swooped down to save them, "swinging from building to building with a sticky fluid similar to a spider web". Because of the absurd claims of the witness, the nickname, Spider-Man, was quickly adopted for the mysterious hero.

To be honest, despite the blurry images of a guy in a black and red suit, you were skeptical of the rumours. If this superhero really did exist, how did he fail to save one of the girls? He seemed like a pretty lousy hero to you. Maybe he was inexperienced or something.