10 | ❝Fairy of Shampoo❞ - Beomgyu

╔══════════════════╗
CHOI BEOMGYU
✎ x. fairy of shampoo
╚══════════════════╝

a/n. based on fairy of shampoo by txt (obv)

"Beomgyu-ah, quit staring at the TV! You'll damage your eyesight and then we'll have to pay a fortune to get you glasses!!"

"Yes, mom!" Beomgyu shouted back, eyes still glued onto the screen of the old television that his grandpa had owned. This was one of the only TV's that still played that commercial.

An instinctive smile spread on Beomgyu's face as soon as he heard the opening notes of the advert jingle. The low-resolution screen played the short commercial, and Beomgyu watched intently at the fairy-like image of a girl. He mouthed her name as she appeared. He had named her himself. A name that suited her appearance. Y/n.

Her hair seemed to shine and looked softer and smoother than silk. Her eyes gleamed in a twinkle that could hold the whole galaxy. Shiny bubbles danced in the air in front of her face and she smiled, blowing one of them away. Beomgyu smiled with her.

He had memorised this advertisement by heart. He waited every night at 10 pm for when it would play, and in 2 years, he had never been late or missed a day. He still felt his heart flutter in his chest at the sight of the smile she adorned.

"Beomgyu-ah!" A harsh smack landed on Beomgyu's shoulder and he looked up.

"Okay, okay! I'll wash the dishes like you asked." He took one more look at the screen and smiled before jogging off to the small kitchen and the pile of dishes that awaited. As he scrubbed, he hummed the soft saxophone melody of the ad and smiled to himself.

"That boy..." Mr. Choi mumbled to Mrs. Choi.

She grunted in acknowledgement, "He spends every night staring at that old thing and never pays any attention to anything else."

Mr. Choi let out a long sigh, "If the only girl that gets his attention is one in that shampoo advert, his good looks will be completely wasted."

Mrs. Choi nodded, "Those poor girls at school will never get a glance out of him."

Beomgyu picked up on their conversation faintly. The topic was a regular in the household, and he was used to hearing his parents disapproval and concern. But, truth be told, Beomgyu didn't care. So what if none of the girls at school got his attention? He liked the shampoo girl on the tv screen instead. None of the girls at school had silky hair or mesmerising eyes or a sweet soft voice or that charming smile.

Turning off the tap, Beomgyu sighed softly. Maybe falling in love with the girl on the screen was foolish of him. After all, how could he ever expect to find a fairy in real life?

//

"Don't forget to eat your lunch! You worry me every time you come home with it untouched!" Beomgyu's mom shouted as he ran out the door, still putting on his shoes halfway down the street. "And one of these days find a pretty girl and introduce us to her!!"

"Sure mom!" Beomgyu called back with a grin.

Math was always the subject that bored Beomgyu the least, so he spent most of his time gazing out the open window in the classroom up at the sky. The soft blues looked just like the background in the commercial, and it wasn't hard to imagine Y/n living up in the clouds.

"Is it nice up there, Y/n?" Beomgyu thought.

"Who's Y/n?"

Beomgyu snapped out of his trance, eyes focusing on Soobin who sat in front of him. "What?" He must have thought out loud.

"Who's Y/n?" Soobin repeated, smile growing more mischievous by the second. "Is she your girlfriend? Crush? Lover?"

"What!? No!" Beomgyu glared at him, shutting the thought down.

"Is she pretty?" Soobin continued.

Beomgyu's brain went back to the image of the girl and he nodded slightly. Soobin's teasing went on for the whole day, and soon Yeonjun was teasing him about it as well.

Beomgyu walked out of the school building and towards a small cafe that he liked. He bought a drink and walked to the park by the school, lying down on one of the benches and almost drifting off to sleep with the warm breeze.

"Excuse me, do you happen to know where a convenience store is?" Beomgyu opened one of his eyes slightly, blinking a few times before he could see properly again. He sat up slightly and then froze, jaw dropping and cheeks burning.

"Are you okay?" You asked, peering at the boy on the bench with concern.

"Yeah," Beomgyu stuttered, "I'm... I'm okay." He rubbed his eyes and stared at you again. Then he smacked his forehead.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah!" Beomgyu assured you, "How did I manage to hallucinate Y/n in the park-" He whispered to himself.

"Do you know me?"

"Huh?" He looked back at your face, heart almost melting on the spot. It was different seeing the face of a fairy in 3D instead of on the crappy tv monitor.

"You said Y/n, right?"

Beomgyu nodded, and then his brows furrowed in further confusion, "How did you get out of the tv?"

"Tv?"

"Nevermind," Beomgyu smiled cheekily. He had a pretty smile. "I'm Beomgyu, by the way."

"I'm Y/n."

Beomgyu let out a soft breath halfway between a laugh and a disbelieving sigh, "You said you were looking for a convenience store, right?"

You nodded, "Yes. Are there any nearby? I usually don't come by this neighbourhood."

"What are you looking for?"

"Shampoo."