7 | ❝Prom❞ - Beomgyu

╔══════════════════╗
CHOI BEOMGYU
✎ vii. prom
╚══════════════════╝

Beomgyu was acting strange recently, at least to you

Beomgyu was acting strange recently, at least to you. For the 5 years that you'd had an embarrassingly big crush on him, he had never liked you back. He thought you were annoying actually, and you couldn't blame him for it. He wasn't really rude or mean to you, but he certainly wasn't friendly. He made it very clear in 7th grade that he didn't like you and you were forced to accept that for the next few years.

Senior year. Prom season. The school was bustling with excitement, but you barely noticed. You were busy spying on Beomgyu. You hadn't been this obvious with your feelings towards him since that 7th grade year where he rejected you. You were watching his every move, trying to see if you were being absurd or if your theory might actually be correct.

He had invited you to eat lunch with him and his friends on Monday- just you. No one else. On Tuesday you swore you caught his eyes staring at you all throughout the day. On Wednesday, he not only said you looked pretty (which left you stunned for the next 2 hours, and you still weren't properly recovered from it) but he also brushed hands with you not once, not twice, but three times. At that point it had to be intentional, right?

You weren't oblivious. You knew when someone liked you. You had predicted it when that one guy in your freshman year class had asked you out, and again in sophomore. But with Beomgyu you needed to be hesitant. You needed to make sure he actually liked you before you did something embarrassing or stupid that you would regret for the rest of your life.

Here you were, 2 days before prom, lurking by the gym door to catch a glimpse of Beomgyu playing basketball with his team. You were trying to be discreet, but you were failing miserably. Your head was completely visible from inside the gym unlike 5 minutes before when you kept yourself to just spying through the window.

You had to stop yourself from clapping whenever Beomgyu scored a goal, and your cheeks were hot throughout because he looked amazing playing basketball.

All at once, your plan to spy secretly failed. Beomgyu's eyes glanced towards the door. They widened upon seeing your face. Blush crept onto his cheek, he stumbled, losing control of the ball, and falling to the ground with a crash. You winced with him as you watched him fall. That must have hurt.

Kai started laughing, Taehyun turned to you with a questioning glance, Jeongin went to check up on Beomgyu, and the rest of the team called to a halt as well. You rushed to Beomgyu, joining Jeongin as he helped him up.

"How bad is it?" Jeongin laughed, not looking concerned at all.

Beomgyu shrugged and turned to you, "Can you walk with me to the nurse's office, y/n?"

"Of course- I can do that." You felt like the only one remotely concerned about Beomgyu's fall. All the other players were laughing or grinning like fools as they watched their ace player leave the gym with a girl.