16 | ❝Prince's Orders❞ - Yeonjun

╔══════════════════╗
CHOI YEONJUN
✎ xvi. prince's orders
╚══════════════════╝

You were sitting alone in the staff quarters of the palace, scrolling your phone with boredom and trying not to think about yesterday

You were sitting alone in the staff quarters of the palace, scrolling your phone with boredom and trying not to think about yesterday. You had screwed up so badly, and you were sure Yeonjun had taken the fall for it.

You sighed and ran a hand through your hair, feeling the urge to go see if he was okay. But you were too scared that you'd mess up bigger this time to do that, so you stayed where you were.

"Psst. Y/n!"

You swivelled around in your chair, seeing the shadow of a person on the back wall that led to the corridor along with a glint of a shining crown. You stood up immediately, rushing to the corridor where you knew Yeonjun was hiding. He wrapped his arms around you tightly as soon as you were close enough to do so, hugging you as if he hadn't seen you in years. In reality, it had been less than 24 hours.

"I was so worried about you after I left. Did they scold you too much?" You asked urgently, breaking the hug and scanning Yeonjun to make sure he was okay. In the morning, Yeonjun had been caught with you while trying to avoid a meeting. He had taken you to the garden where he thought no one would look for him, but he was wrong. They had caught you both quickly and Yeonjun had taken the worst of the consequences.

"Darling, I'm fine." Yeonjun assured you, a cute smile on his face from your actions.

"I shouldn't have left with Mrs. Kim when she told me to leave, I should've stayed with you." You mumbled, head dropping.

Yeonjun lifted up your chin so you were face to face again, "Don't say that, you just did as you were told." He murmured, bringing his lips to yours a second later.

"Don't ask me to come up to your room with you. They might catch you again." You warned after breaking the kiss.

"But I really want to. We haven't snuggled in forever." Yeonjun whispered, searching for your lips again.

"Yeonjun..."

"What if I said it was an order?" He asked in between pecks.

You paused, "I would have no choice, I guess. You know I have to obey orders from my prince..."

"I'll use that as the excuse if they catch us as well, then. 'She was just following orders', how does it sound?"

"Convincing." You grinned.

"Let's go, then." He kissed you one more time and grabbed your hand to lead you up the steps.