4 | ❝Romantic Lines❞ - Beomgyu

╔══════════════════╗
CHOI BEOMGYU
✎ iv. romantic lines
╚══════════════════╝

Your eyes shot open with a gasp escaping your lips and heavy breathing

Your eyes shot open with a gasp escaping your lips and heavy breathing. Sitting up hesitantly, you looked around the dark bedroom, hand reaching to pull the string on your lamp. Tears welled in your eyes, but you blinked them away.

Once light encompassed your bedroom, you started to relax more. You looked over to the other side of the bed, where you assumed Beomgyu would be sleeping soundly.

But he wasn't there.

Your brain went into emergency panic mode, images of the dream you had just had flashing through your brain as if they were a reality. Your boyfriend had been the main character of your dream. Or nightmare, if you were to be more accurate.

It was something you had been struggling with recently - nightmares almost every night. It had come to a point where some days, you struggled to even get to sleep, just because of the fear that you would have a bad dream.

You blinked a bit, looking around the room, trying to tell if this was still a dream or whether you were awake. Beomgyu should be here if you were awake, so why wasn't he?

You just wanted to see his face and hear his voice at this point, so you got out from under the covers of the bed, and stepped out of the room. The relief you felt when you saw the kitchen light on from afar was immeasurable. So he was just getting a midnight snack...

You walked to the kitchen, trying to forget about the nightmare once you saw Beomgyu. He looked up from his ramen, wide worried eyes looking into yours.

"Jagiya?" He swallowed some ramen noodles slowly, waiting for a response from you. But he didn't get any words, as you just quickly went to hug him instead, tears slowly slipping out and sliding down your cheeks.

"Was it a nightmare again?" He asked softly, forgetting about his food and turning his full attention to your distressed state. He cupped your cheeks, turning your face up to look at him and wiping away the tears that ran down your face with his thumbs.

You nodded, "You... you- god it was so awful-" Your lip trembled again just thinking about the dream, and Beomgyu grew more concerned.

You'd had very bad dreams before, but usually you were able to communicate what had happened in them pretty easily. They were never bad enough to render you unable to talk. This was the first time he'd seen you like this, and it broke his heart more and more with every new tear that escaped your shining eyes.

"Hey, let's go to the couch instead." He suggested quietly, leading you away from the kitchen and onto the soft sofa. He wrapped his arms around you securely, letting you rest your head on his shoulder. He took your hand in his, thumb rubbing over your knuckles gently to calm you down. He waited patiently, not pressuring you to say another word until you were ready.

"I'm sorry... You must be so tired of the constant nightmares." You said slowly, looking back up to his pretty face with embarrassment and guilt. It must be getting so annoying for him to have to constantly console you when you had a bad dream.

But instead of the annoyance you thought you deserved, he gave you a loving response instead. "Don't apologise, just as long as you're okay." He reassured, and you fell for him all over again.

"Do you want to tell me what it was about?" He asked, hugging you closer. You shook your head quickly, and Beomgyu gave you a soft smile, leaving the subject to rest.

"Do you want some ramen?" He offered, putting extra effort into being cheery so you would feel a bit better.

"That sounds good." You nodded, letting him stand up and go make you a bowl quickly.

"Warm noodles can make anything a bit better. Ramen is life." Beomgyu commentated from the kitchen, making you giggle. He walked back with the bowl of hot noodles soon enough, placing it in your hands and kissing your forehead.

"Just think about the ramen, not the nightmare, okay?" You nodded in response, slurping up some of the noodles and smiling at your boyfriend.

"Did I like... die in the dream or something?" Beomgyu asked suddenly, making you choke on your noodles.

"I did, didn't I!?" He said, almost excitedly at your sudden reaction.

"How are you so excited by dying in my dream? It was... traumatising to watch..."

"But did I at least die for a good reason? Did I die protecting you or something?" He pressed, making you giggle. "It's a serious question!" He defended upon hearing your laughter.

"You did die protecting me." You revealed.

"How romantic of me." He proclaimed, smiling widely.

"Are you happy with that death for your dream self?"

He nodded approvingly, "I would die protecting you even in real life." That caught your breath, and you felt tears welling up in your eyes again.

"Shit, was I too romantic-" He quickly back-pedalled, not wanting you to cry again, even if it was for a good reason this time.

You let out a laugh, wiping away the tears before they could escape, "Maybe just a bit?"

"I didn't think you would cry-" He said, still feeling a bit bad.

"Hey." You turned his face towards you, pressing your lips to his which caught him off guard, but resulted in grins from both of you. "Even if I cry because of your romantic lines, it's okay."

"I love you." He said cutely, leaning in to kiss you again.