5 | ❝Complicated❞ - Taehyun

╔══════════════════╗
KANG TAEHYUN
✎ v. complicated
╚══════════════════╝

 complicated╚══════════════════╝

You and Taehyun had a... complicated relationship. Very complicated. So complicated that neither of you understood it, nor did your friends, or his parents, or anybody who knew even a little bit about it.

One day you would be complaining about how much you despised him and everything he did. You would practically be complaining that he was allowed to breathe the air and walk the same ground as you.

And well... the next day you were kissing him at his house.

So, yeah. It was complicated.

It had been easier to navigate a couple months ago, back when the aforementioned kissing at Taehyun's house had only happened twice. Back when you actually still could be sure you despised him. As of now, you were starting to question it.

You couldn't even remember how the first kiss played out. One minute you were studying together, the next minute his lips were on yours. And you couldn't remember the rest. But the fact that you kept coming back to it— coming back to him— must mean something, right?

These were the thoughts that swarmed through your head as you sat in your little spot: the tree house your big brother had built for you when you were five. Built for Taehyun and you to be more precise. But it was in your yard, and you had long since banished Tae from it. But every once in a while, when Taehyun needed to talk to you, he knew exactly where to go when no one else did.

"Y/n, I know you're up there." He called out, and you cursed under your breath, not in the mood to talk to him at this very moment.

"What do you want- you piece of shit?" You shouted, poking your head out of the window just to give him your best glare. And he giggled, making you annoyed and in love with him all at once.

"I beat you at the test... I thought you said you wouldn't let that happen in a million years." He teased, his arms crossed and a stupidly pretty smirk on his face.

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?"

"Well, I thought you would. You seemed pretty stressed about it last week." He continued, smile growing whenever he saw the annoyed look on your face. His heart fluttered that he had that much of an affect on you, even if it was not the most ideal affect— it was still an affect.

"I'm not stressed about it, trust me- so you can leave." You spat, even though you were lying, and Taehyun could probably see right through you. The truth was, you were more stressed than ever, but not specifically about the test.

The same brother who had built your lovely tree house and who you loved so much had died. But that was 5 years ago. The problem was, he was apparently in debt. And in debt to some pretty awful people - who were now expecting you to pay off this debt.