8 | ❝Charmed❞ - Soobin

╔══════════════════╗
CHOI SOOBIN
✎ viii. charmed
╚══════════════════╝

a/n. as you can probably tell this is inspired by howl's moving castle!! soobin as howl. that's it. that's all that is in my brain. he is skdjfkskskdj 😭

 he is skdjfkskskdj 😭

"There you are, sweetheart

"There you are, sweetheart. Sorry I'm late, I was looking everywhere for you."

You jumped slightly as a tall man with blond hair wrapped one arm around you, pulling you to his side. You stayed silent until the guards who were once interrogating you left and then pushed yourself away.

"Who are you?!" You asked defensively, ready to use your umbrella as a weapon. The man just chuckled, and pushed your umbrella aside gently.

"I'm not going to hurt you, darling." He smiled gently.

"Who are you?" You asked again, relaxing a bit but still taking a step back, not fully trusting the man who stood in front of you.

"Some people know me as a Wizard Howl or Sorcerer Jenkins, but you... You can call me Soobin." He said finally, a charismatic smile ever-present on his face.

"Alright, Soobin." You said hesitantly, testing out the name and finding that you quite liked saying it. Soobin. "What do you want with me?" You held back on asking why he had called you sweetheart and darling. At first you thought it was for show with the guards, but the more you looked at him, the more you thought it must have been intentional.

"'What do I want with you?' I hadn't thought that far, to be honest. Even being able to find you seems to be a miracle." He laughed, dimples forming on his cheeks and eyes crinkling. He had you mesmerised. "But now that you're here in front of me, I think I should treat you to lunch, Y/n."

"How do you know my name-?" Your question seemed to be swept up with the wind. Soobin didn't take much note of it, only wrapping his arm around you again and walking you slowly out of the alleyway.

You were beyond puzzled, but he was a wizard after all. Maybe he could read your mind and that's how he knew your name without you ever mentioning it. You quickly shook your head at the thought, flustering yourself. If he really could read your mind then he must know what you were thinking at this very moment... which was something more along the lines of contemplating how he could possibly be so charming.

"Don't get too flustered over me, sweetheart. There'll be plenty of time for that later." He said teasingly, offering out his hand to you. You took it without a second thought, blush enveloping your cheeks and nervous thoughts entering your brain- all just because this gorgeous man was flirting with you.

"Hold on tight." He whispered, and you clung to his arm as securely as you could. He jumped up, the air whooshing through his long hair and blowing the skirt of your dress. Soobin instructed you to straighten your legs and walk, and suddenly you were walking through the air, Soobin guiding you the entire time, making sure you felt safe.

You got used to it quickly. You looked up at him and he smiled charmingly at you. You felt as if your heart jumped out of your chest, trying to get closer to him. Was this what falling in love at first sight was like? Nonsense, Y/n, that only happens in fairy tales.

He brought you to a quaint bakery and found seating outside. He ordered for both of you, still managing to keep you staring at him in awe over everything he did.

You asked him about himself and he was more than willing to answer your questions. As he talked, his eyes never left yours. They shimmered in the light, and you could feel yourself falling deeper into the trance that he seemed to put you under.

"Soobin..." You said after a pause in the conversation.

"What is it, darling?" He offered you a smile and it put you at ease.

"I'm falling in love with you..." You admitted in one breath, heart racing again.

//

Your eyes fell closed and a yawn escaped your mouth as you lay amongst the pink flowers. You thought for a second that you should have told Soobin you were going to be out here. He would probably be looking for you once he got back from his outing. If you fell asleep here and he couldn't find you, he might get worried.

You hoped he was aware enough of your habits to look at the front door and see that the dial was still set to pink: the one for the garden. If he wasn't, you were sure that you would have to comfort a stressed-out Soobin later, listening to him go on about how he thought you had died or somehow disappeared.

You enjoyed going out to Market Chipping on errands and visiting Martha at the bakery or Sophie at her spectacular hats and clothes shop. And whenever you were bored, you were known to send letters to Lettie to hear about her budding romance with her mentor, Wizard Suliman. But most of all, you preferred to spend your time in the garden. Soobin had given it to you as a present, after all.

You couldn't manage to stay awake for any longer and you eventually drifted off into a pleasant dreamland where Soobin seemed to frequent your thoughts. You were sure Soobin had something to do with that. Using his magic to make sure you only dreamed of him seemed like something he would definitely do. He got jealous and insecure often. Not that you minded, of course.

You woke up to soft kisses on your forehead. Your eyes fluttered open and you saw Soobin smiling down at you. You smiled back, realising your head was resting comfortably on his lap and a blanket covered your legs. He must have moved some things while you were sleeping.

"Hello, love." You murmured.

"Hello, darling." He echoed back, pressing another kiss to your face.

"When did you get back? I thought visiting the other wizards would take a long time." You said sleepily.

"I wish there was a magic spell to make me extroverted, but unless I invent it, it does not exist... Needless to say, there were about fifty other wizards there and they all seemed so eager to talk to me."

"So you left even though they wanted to talk to you?" You questioned with an amused smile. Soobin nodded proudly, admitting to his actions with no shame.

"I pretended that I was sick and was going to throw up, so everyone urged me to hurry home. I merely followed their suggestion." He reasoned and you scoffed.

"You're too introverted for your own good. All you do is stay with me every day. Don't you think you'll get tired of me one day?"

Soobin's brows crashed and his head tilted in a puzzled way, "Me get tired of you?" He repeated and you nodded. The silence lingered in the air for a few seconds and all you heard was his soft breathing.

"I will never get tired of you. I didn't get tired of you before, and I won't now either." He stated firmly. You sat up and faced him. Your hair fell in your face because of the gentle breeze, but Soobin pushed it back immediately. All his actions towards you were gentle and soft, as if you were one of his delicate magical artifacts and if he held you too harshly you would break.

"Never getting tired of you..." He whispered again, face leaning towards yours slowly, eyelids falling shut.

You met his lips halfway, savouring the butterflies dancing in your stomach at his every touch and the way his lips seemed to fit perfectly with yours. With his sincere confession that he would never get sick of you, you were even more sure that you would happily spend the rest of eternity with him.