13 | ❝Coloured❞ - Huening Kai

╔══════════════════╗
HUENING KAI
✎ xiii. coloured
╚══════════════════╝

The rain poured down heavily, painting the buildings and cars with water

The rain poured down heavily, painting the buildings and cars with water. You watched the dreary scene from the window of the cafe you worked out, the day seeming to only bring a reminder of loneliness and the approaching winter weather.

You turned your attention back to cleaning up for closing. The tables needed to be wiped, the machines needed to be cleaned, and the ingredients stored.

You must have sighed a thousand times that day, the bright colours of the outside world seemed to be faded in your eyes. Everything was grey without him bringing the light, the colour, the saturation, the life to your world. Come back soon... please.

You knew you were probably being dramatic. Kai had only been gone for 2 weeks. You didn't realise that 2 weeks without him felt like an eternity. And he was so busy that he could rarely text. In short, you were lonely and a little miserable.

You glanced up at the old analog clock that faced you on the wall. 21 minutes after closing time. You often ran late these days, seeing no reason to be quick with closing. What would be the point anyway? At least work served as a small distraction for you. At home, you would just be reminded of his absence more.

20 minutes was long even for you, and you decided to leave, even if you would be lonely at home as well. You stepped out of the door, the bells jingling signalled your departure. You glanced up at the grey sky nervously. You would probably be drenched by the time you got to the bus stop. You had forgotten your umbrella at home.

With a sharp inhale, you stepped out from under the doorstep, the rain welcoming you immediately. You should have started walking, but the rain was calming in a way. You closed your eyes, hand outstretched to catch raindrops in them. You smiled, letting your hair cling to your neck now that it was wet.

You didn't even mind the slight goosebumps you got from the cold. You realised how stuffy it had been in the cafe, and how fresh and pleasant it was outside.

Suddenly, you didn't feel the rain dripping on you anymore and you furrowed your eyebrows. Did it stop suddenly?

You opened your eyes, only for them to tear up. The smile on your face widened, "Hi." You breathed out, not knowing what else to say to him. He looked as handsome as ever, holding a green umbrella in his hand, shielding you both from the rain.

"You're all wet." He said with concern.

"That's the least of my concerns. You're here."

He smiled, "I'm here." He reached down and brushed off some of the rain drops from your hair. "What if you catch a-"

"If I catch a cold, it's my own fault." You cut him off, grabbing his hand from your head. "You weren't supposed to arrive for another week."

He smiled again, a playfulness in his face, "Surprise?"

"I missed you."

"I know. I missed you too."

You didn't say anything for a while, you just stared at him, taking in his presence which you had missed more than anything.

"Your lips look so tempting right now." He admitted quietly.

You rose on your tiptoes so you were closer to his face, before whispering, "Yours too."

You pressed your lips onto his, initiating a long overdue kiss. He kissed back with sweetness and passion, making your heart flutter uncontrollably.

When you pulled back, you looked up to the sky again. The rain had calmed down to a slow drizzle, tapping rhythmically on the top of the umbrella. The world looked colourful when he was with you.