9 | ❝Take A Break❞ - Yeonjun

╔══════════════════╗
CHOI YEONJUN
✎ ix. take a break
╚══════════════════╝

 take a break╚══════════════════╝

Yeonjun was overworking himself. With year-end award shows, comeback preparations, and tour practices, he had a full schedule almost every day. He could barely catch a break, and spent most of his time in the practice room. At least this made it easy for you to find him when you needed to, like right now.

You knew he hadn't eaten dinner and it was already almost 10 pm. He had been practising all day and you were worried he might injure himself if he kept up with this rigorous schedule. You were determined to convince him to take a one night rest for today and not stay in the studio until 2 am like he was prone to do.

You peaked inside the studio door before entering, just to see how your boyfriend's condition was before talking to him. A sigh escaped your lips as you watched him, nervously chewing on your lip and wondering how you could convince him to take a rest.

He was running over some dance steps, hair and body sticky with sweat from how long he had been dancing. His loose jacket that you had seen him wearing this morning was now draped messily on the couch. You assumed he probably got too hot with it on and discarded it.

As for his condition, tired was an understatement. He looked exhausted, yet still completed each move flawlessly. You admired how hardworking Yeonjun was, but he had gone to the extreme this time.

You stepped inside the room quietly, Yeonjun's eyes watching you through the mirror as you did. They softened when he saw that it was you, and he stopped dancing to turn to you. You paused the song that was playing on the speakers and walked up to your boyfriend with a towel.

"You've been in here for hours." You said pointedly, wiping the sweat off his forehead gently and earning a tired sigh from him.

"I know."

"Were you planning to leave anytime soon?" His silence was enough of an answer and you sighed. "I worry about you, you know? And when you spend hours in the studio, I feel bad because I know you overwork yourself." You mumbled sadly, brushing some of his hair away from his eyes. He leant into your touch slightly, eyes portraying his tiredness even more than his heavy breathing or sweaty figure.

"Do I really affect you that much?" He asked, taking the towel from you only to drop it on the floor. He leaned in closer, wrapping his arms around you. His body was warm, his chest heaving still, but you didn't mind. You didn't mind the sweat. You didn't mind that you weren't able to see him as often because of comeback preparations. You didn't mind as long as he was okay.

"You do. You're on my mind throughout the day, and even little things remind me of you."

"Like what?" He closed his eyes, smiling and welcoming the relaxation that you always brought.

"Ramyeon, the colour black, soft pillows, iced coffee, roses, Harry Styles-" You listed them off. Yeonjun's smile only grew with each one, until he heard the name thrown in there.

"Harry Styles? How do I remind you of him?"

"Because of your Artist of the Month." You said with a shrug.

"Oh... I see. You watch it often, don't you?"

You looked away and stayed silent, offering a tiny nod to answer his question. You stepped away from the hug out of embarrassment, but Yeonjun giggled, pulling you back into his arms tighter.

"I love you." He murmured into your ear.

You stayed silent, listening to his breath slowly even out as he regained some of the energy he had used up. You stroked his back with your hand and he nuzzled his face into the crook of your neck. Soon you felt wet tears drop onto your shoulder and his body tremble slightly in the hug.

"I never feel like I'm good enough to deserve you." He whispered so quietly that you barely heard it. You pulled back. He was smiling despite the tears staining his face.

"Baby..." You cradled his head in your hands, thinking through your next words carefully, "You're more than good enough to deserve me. I know you're trying your best to please everyone right now, and it's more important to focus on other things than me. You're in the practice room every second you're not doing another schedule. You know that I don't mind that I don't get any of your time when you're so busy, right?"

"But I mind." He whined, "I want to spend time with you. I feel so guilty that I can't."

"Then how about you take a break right now, and spend some time with me?" You offered, the excitement already seeping into your voice at the thought of a couple hours with your boyfriend.

"Aren't you tired?" He asked, always ready to put your needs before his.

"Not anywhere near as much as you, so don't worry."

He frowned slightly, looking up at the 24-hour digital clock in the practice room that read '22:08'. Had he really stayed here for that long?

"Okay. I'm yours for the rest of tonight." He said happily, jogging over to clean up his stuff and pack it into his bag. He settled on the couch in the practice room, legs crossed. You sat next to him, unzipping your bag with a smile.

"You hungry?" You asked him, already reaching into your bag for the lunchbox you had packed earlier for him.

"Ravenous." He confirmed, eyes widening in excitement when he saw the lunchbox.

"All yours." You passed him chopsticks with it and watched him happily stuff the food into his mouth, mumbling I love you's between bites which made you giggle. Once he finished, you let him lie down with his head in your lap, eyes closing as a contented sigh left his lips.

"Beware of Y/n's kiss attack." You murmured quickly. Yeonjun didn't have time to process what you had said before you started placing soft kisses all over his face. He giggled at the ticklish feeling as you placed more kisses on his forehead, down to his nose, and on his cheek.

"Y/n-" He tried to say amongst his laughter.

"What?" You kissed his nose again.

"You're missing the mark every time." He pouted.

"What do you mean?" You raised your eyebrows, hiding the smile that kept threatening to spread across your face.

"The target's a little lower, babe." He urged.

"Oh!" You exclaimed as if you had only just realised what he wanted, "I think I know what you want." You kissed him just above his lips, enjoying his offended face more than you should.

"Y/n..." He sat up, hands grabbing your face gently, "Don't tease me." He whispered and finally kissed your lips yourself. With his lips finally pressed to yours, he smiled, pulling you slightly closer.

"God, I missed you." He admitted in a soft murmur, lips still close to yours so he could kiss you again. Which he did.