CHAPTER 25: SHE IS THE ONE

Start from the beginning

" Each of the houses is connected with the local police nearer to them and immediate measures are taken if emergency help is required. "

" Good, " Lucas mumbled standing up to walk to his favorite coffee machine. " Who else want coffees? "

" Me! " It was General Trevor who immediately rose his hands in the air while others followed with a small chuckle.

Within a few minutes, with Aslan's help, Lucas handed each of them their coffee cups and received small thank yous.

" What about the borders, General Dawson? " Lucas stirred his coffee with a small spoon, taking his seat on the couch with Aslan standing beside him, sipping his coffee.

" The borders are safe and secured, Your Majesty. No children or adult or even a living thing has been illegally taken out of our border by any chance of transport that included boats, ships, planes or any wheelers. "

" Fine... Mr Jagger, what do you think if we ask our allies about the problem? Though I'm not sure what the men's intentions were today, isn't it necessary to be dealt with as soon as possible? "

Elijah hummed feeling the sweet taste of the coffee in the tip of his tongue and looked up at the King with a nod.

" We should, Your Majesty. Perhaps we should contact the neighbouring countries about the issues and...we could confront the party if a meeting is needed. "

Lucas nodded and the meeting continued for the next fifteen minutes until Lucas noticed his Knight, repeatedly, clicking on his earcom. It didn't look like he was talking with someone right now, but still, the red light over the earcom seemed like someone was trying to reach him.

Lucas cut short the conference after a few minutes and requested Elijah to stay for a few minutes more. Once the Generals were out of the King's study, a maid came inside the study to collect the coffee cups.

" Aslan, who's trying to reach you? "

Shaken out of a trance, the said General stared at the King, unaware.

" Ah... I don't know, Your Majesty. "

Lucas shook his head with a displeased sigh, frowning.

" You could've just asked a minute if there were repeated calls. What if it was an emergency? "

" I apologise, Your Majesty. Whoever could've reported an emergency to my earcom was in the study a minute ago. That is why I didn't— "

" But Isaac is not here, Aslan. Was it him that tried to contact you? " Lucas suddenly snapped standing up from the couch while Elijah looked at them interestingly.

Aslan's face slightly paled when the thought sank in. He gulped stammering for a breath, avoiding Lucas.

Still, his impulse was immediate. He quickly long pressed his earcom and tried contacting Isaac when the voicemail Isaac sent him a long time ago finally reached him as he could listen to Isaac's calm voice filling his mind.

" Your Majesty... " Aslan, only after the voicemail came to an end, felt guilty for being careless and decided to look at the situation. " Her Majesty might need you right now, " he said quickly pressing the button again to let Isaac know that he got the message, halting Lucas from entering his bedroom in the study.

" What do you mean she might need me? She's asleep, isn't she? " he asked with a tired sigh although as if he wasn't interested to go meet her at the moment after what had happened in the car.

To be honest, Lucas got a little offended after Ava asked him to not talk. He was super duper happy hearing her calling him by his name, nevertheless, her ignorance after the sudden event had boiled a sense of annoyance in the pit of his stomach.