A Watery End.

November 6th

SIR  THOMAS ANDREW  BURVINGTON, IF HE TRULY SAW TO IT, COULD EASILY HAVE OUTSHINED THE MONA LISA.

For his smile was just as mischievous and the reason for it would perhaps forever be unknown and a mystery to all who encountered him.

It irritated Alifa Océane to no end.

She had long since abandoned her respect for the dead and found herself sitting in the very seat  she had almost sworn off weeks ago.

 Even more disrespectfully so, Alifa turned the chair fully around and faced the painting of him by the corner. Most of her view was obscured due to its odd position on the wall and the bookshelves that surrounded it but one thing shone through it all.

His amusement in all this. 

 His small smile or grin or whatever it was, seemingly bore into Alifa's ignorance. Laughed at her lunacy.

"You must find this real funny huh? A dead guy laughing at a young girl struggling. Hmm. Some man of God."  Alifa muttered.

No response.

"You're not goin say nothing?"

No response

Alifa thought she saw his smile deepen.

But she was far too tired to be scared, instead she merely turned around and willingly lost the staring match.

Figures, She thought.  Ain't no way I just started talking to a painting! Lord what else is wrong with me?!

... Actually... don't tell me, I'm sure there's some more.

She dropped her head onto the messy table and let it rest there.

Soon, everything started to foam in her mind all at once. Foam was the proper word, for it had been a while since she'd thought a clear, crisp thought. Oh how foolish she was for not appreciating her mind three months ago!

Three months ago.

No Ghost man,

No whispers and Zola.

No notes, no A.

No fights, just friends.

Just dreams, No nightmares.