And They Were Never Alone.

October 30th

October 30th

ATLAS MATTHEWS HAD BECOME A DIVINE SENSATION  BY TEA TIME.   MYTHOLOGISED BY DINNER

AND ANTAGONISED  BY FIRST SUN-SIGHT  THE NEXT DAY.

His demise sent tremors through the decadent halls of both buildings, grafting itself into the minds of every single student who caught wind of this tragedy.

So much so, it rendered the  Pre-Exams  an optional thing of the past. 

Mentally.

The exams remained on and enforced by the most strictest of teachers, their cold breaths breathing against the strained necks of the unaffected students as they wrote.

The Exam hall was silent, an air of strident strictness permeated throughout the wooden floorboard,  that squeaked under the weight of teacher feet.  Only the sound of pen-strokes and writing was loud enough to drown out the sound. 

That, and the whizzing of Lorna Simmon's  genius brain.

Course, it only deafened  her own ears.

The Advanced Latin  test booklet was not thick whatsoever, in fact it spanned merely 3 pages and consisted of only four exam questions.  And yet, if one would read through the seemingly simple questions, you'd be quick to see  why the 4hrs and 30 minutes was necessary.

Lorna's eyes blurred looking down at question 3, her pencil hovering  suspended over the page as her mind blanked to only one thing in particular.

0          1         0      .       6        1           2   

Roger Simmons back home in the States , had become bombarded by these numbers as soon as Lorna figured out that,  there was just far too much more in them.  He had discreetly (Lorna made sure to emphasise) put together a team of some of the best cryptologists he found within the different journalist sectors of his multi-billion company, to decipher this vexing code that stranded his daughter of sleep.