Linguine and Letters

" HISTORY IS WHITEWASHED

" HISTORY IS WHITEWASHED . IT'S FILLED WITH ALL DIFFERENT AND   NUANCED NAMES FOR THE "PERFECT WHITE".  CAUCASIAN, ROYAL, EUROPEAN, CIVILIANS AND OTHERS GALORE. ANYTHING NOT WHITE IS ILL  IMPLIED, IMPLICITLY.    AND AS A RESULT OF HISTORY BEING SO SELECTIVE, WE'VE LOST OUT ON MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLES AND THEIR STORIES.

There's an underlying obsession with whiteness . It's pretty weird , and like its only gotten worse."

"........."

"You are not wrong Ms, correct in most of what you said... and what does this mean for the future or the  present?"

She didn't hesitate to speak.

"Well, isn't future doomed to be a modern repeat of the past?  And we don't know what the present looks like.....  because none of us can properly live in it".

"Hmm"

"......"

"You may take a seat Serafina."  

Serafina took a seat on her desk. Her shoes hovering above  the ground.

The rest of the students  too were on their tables. The class tables were arranged in a makeshift circle,  around one table in particular. In the middle sat the their history teacher.

Mr. Rentis.  

Clad in a deep blue jumper with a white sleeved shirt, his cuffs were unbuttoned and rolled up. His left arm was dotted with tattoos. He sat cross legged like the others in the class. His eyes scanning the children.

"See, what Ms. Serafina said does reign true.....  seeing how awkward most of you have become it is clear to see that you aren't used to the truth much.  I would delve further with her theory but... this isn't philosophy, if it were... we'd be here longer."

Serafina nodded.

"Alright... back to the topic on the board"  Mr. Rentis turned to the blackboard in question. Beautiful cursive letters were scrawled on it. the words.

Stories  Of Old: The History of Mystery, The Truth of  Told Tales .... Do  They Teach  Us of Our Past and Future?

"Isn't this the sort of thing one would teach in philosophy sir?" A student asked, his countenance interested.