The Burlie Boys

NOBODY MOVED FOR A LONG LONG TIME.  

YES, THEY HAD  IN FACT HEAR WHAT ALIFA HAD SAID.

AN AUDITORIUM OF  SUCH VAST SIZE WAS KNOWN TO AMPLIFY EVEN THE MOST QUIET OF VOICES.

Alifa vowed to never speak again.

Orphalien  Nguyen scrambled up from her seated position.

For a moment everyone was frozen in time. Simply blinking rapidly and looking at one another. 

No one spoke, not even Mr. Wentworth's chatty self said a word. 

The room was filled with an excruciatingly long silence that seemed too b-

"Won't stop me." 

Came a brave loud voice form the back of the auditorium.

It was at this moment, at the sound of the random boy's voice,  that a chorus of loud laughter filled the entire room.

Like an infectious wave, each row of boys began to laugh, rancorous chimes of deep belly laughter filled Alifa and the girl's ears.   

Soon the clamorous noise grew to discordant heights as claps and whoops were heard, howling from a good few.  Some rose to their feet and gave standing applause.

The searing  bright light was still focused in on their faces, but the girls were just able to make out the layout of the room.

The girls  felt as if they were on full display.

For they were.

Seriously.

They stood on a physical theatrical stage, a rather large one too.  And they were looking out to a rather fancy 19th century styled auditorium. With red seats and a long dark walkway, seemingly stretching for miles.

And a rather large group of boys gazing at them.