The Narrowing Eyes of Nature

August 30th

THE Épées CLASHED AGAINST ONE ANOTHER WITH A SINGLE MOTIVE IN MIND, A MOTIVE SO SEARINGLY CLEAR IT WAS  ALMOST FRIGHTENING : VICTORY.  

And it  was evidently clear that none of the fighters were going to back down without an undeniable victor.

An épée struck forward violently . 

A daring move, one purely of carnal instinct. Its wielder seemed to be pulling no punches as he swivelled it back to  himself  before thrusting out again. Forward and back, his strength seemingly increasing to dangerous heights after each swing.  His feet moved with a fluidity and grace so powerful, the paragon of float like a Butterfly sting like a Bee.  

He  was relentless , barely  stopping at all, barely giving his opponent a chance to catch his breath. 

So it was only a matter of moments before the other  dropped his épée and signalled for clemency.

The victor stopped, him too dropping his weapon, completely out of tune to rest of the world, completely out of tune to the focused eyes piercing at him.

They shook hands with  genteel sportsmanship.  The victor waited for him to walk out, before he slumped.

Broderick Worchester was the first one up to his feet.  His black  blazer strewn on the ground behind him, his crisp  white shirt  unbuttoned   at the top. His bare lightly  muscled arms were exposed due to his  rolled up sleeves. 

Loud and  painfully slow claps surrounded the room they were in. His steps calculated, nearly in sync with his applause

"My my, mate... I thought you were going to harm him, or at the very least kill him, knowing you." 

 His chestnut  hair was styled rather ruggedly. Unknown to even his friends if it were by his own doing or not. It looked however to have been styled by the most expensive Vogue hairstylists in all of Britain. Not that it was, he would retort, as  they were out of the country.

But  if  he needed them.....

"Well done... this fight is  a lot better than your last few rounds ". He smirked, running his hand through his mane. 

The victors hands gripped the mask clutching his face. Without so much as a pull, it slipped off of him  easily. Wet and matted dark hair clung to his forehead as beads of sweat rolled down his tense jawline.

"Coming.... from.... a football player? and a  s** one at that?" came another, more languid voice.