Chapter 12: You nearly growled at him

♡ ♡ ♡

"Wait." Milo pants as he pulls himself away from Cameron, Cameron leans in to chase him. Milo laughs, endeared. "Wait, we have to talk."

Cameron whines, damn him. "Can't we do this first?"

"No," Milo chides, pecking his lips again.

Cameron groans, dropping his head onto Milo's shoulder, arms wrapping around him tightly. "Fine."

Milo lets his eyes close while he holds Cameron. They're the same height really, so close it's practically negligible. But Cameron always seems so much smaller than he is somehow. "We never talked about whether kissing is inherently romantic for you or not."

"It's not," Cameron says softly. "I understand why you have to clarify, but this week...I know what you mean now. When you said you needed more than words to express your affection, I get it. I want that. I want to... It's not enough to just say it."

Milo kisses the tip of Cameron's ear. "I know, b–Cam."

Cameron squirms a little. He wants to tell Milo he can call him baby, but he knows that was part of the contract and it's not something Milo would feel comfortable doing right now. Calling him Cam has always been a term of endearment for them, anyway. Cameron doesn't let anyone else call him that. And Milo knows it's only for when they're alone.

Cameron decides to be direct again, "Can we talk about the next contract?"

Milo snorts. "I want to see your notes app first."

Cameron pales and pulls back. "Oh."

Milo raises an eyebrow. "Are you embarrassed again?"

Cameron wants to say no, but he knows how to be honest about these things with Milo now. "A little."

"You don't have to show me if–"

Cameron covers his face with his hands. "You're doing it."

Milo grumbles. "It's not my fault if setting clear boundaries comes off as dom to you. I've always been like this. It's not new."

"I know," Cameron laments. "It's just...loaded now."

"Lines, Cam," Milo says softly.

"Trying."

"Show me your notes app," Milo insists.

With a heavy sigh, Cameron takes out his phone and opens the app, handing it to Milo. "It's not a lot."

pay more attention to what gets a reaction out of him

whimpering?

ask milo for a list of things he considers triggers

brats???

Milo snorts, bending over as he laughs loudly. "Brats?!" He nearly drops Cameron's phone. "God, you're so cute." He resists the impulse to show this list to Anthony because Anthony would understand why it's so adorable.

Cameron fumes. "They're real questions, I don't know why it's so funny to you."

"It's not, Cam. I mean, it is. I just...I don't know what else to say, it's cute." He puffs out a breath and hands Cameron his phone back. "Okay, we can talk about that now. I didn't want to give you any ideas while... that article I sent you about brats, you read about brat tamers?" Cameron nods. Milo hesitates for a second and then lets a kind of fire enter his eyes. "I find it riveting. But it's...it doesn't work with a sub who slips. Not really. It's a different kind of power balance. And no, I won't do that with you any time soon so don't even think about it."