Chapter 10: Green, yellow, red

♡ ♡ ♡

"How did you sleep?"

"Your favorite question." Cameron finishes washing his dishes while he talks, wireless headphones in. "I slept okay. I woke up once when my neighbor's dog started barking but I fell asleep again pretty quickly. How did you sleep?"

"Hm, my usual."

"So not much."

"I never sleep much. Though I tend to knock out after intense scenes."

"Is that why–"

"Gonna stop you before you say it. I don't want to talk about what I did with Anthony. He's just...warm."

"He's warm?"

"Ugh, I don't know. If this BDSM stuff works out for you, I'm sure you'll end up cuddling with him one day and you'll see what I mean."

Cameron's a little surprised by that. "You'd...do you trade partners often?"

"Yes, I'm going to set Nathan up with Anthony soon when Nathan is ready for a new contract. It's always better to have recommendations than to go in with nothing."

"Would you also set me up with Nathan?"

"Probably not. Depends on what you were looking to explore."

"Anthony...is a dom."

"Yes, I told you. The dom/dom thing."

"Yeah, I remember. He's just so cute."

Milo snorts, laughing harder than he should at that moment. "And what am I?"

"You're cute too."

"Hm, thank you, baby. So we agree that doms can be cute."

"That's not what I was saying. I just, I don't know. I misunderstood Anthony's...role in the BDSM community when you introduced us."

"Oh, that's right. You thought he was my partner for a second. God, no. He's not a switch in any way. I guess he'd make a good brat but that's about it."

"Why did you say brat like that?"

"Uh, it's a thing. I'll send you a link." Milo sends it almost immediately.

Cameron opens it and starts to scan it. Some dots connect for him. "Is this why you got frustrated when I was being sassy the other day?"

Milo's quiet.

"Milo?"

"Yes, kind of. I don't want to talk about it."

"You don't want to talk about it during this contract."

"Correct. We can talk about it later."

Cameron wants to say something about open communication, but he can't pretend to suddenly understand all of this. It's not like Milo owes him total transparency all of a sudden. This is clearly something Milo thinks is important not to bring up now. He needs to let it go, as much as his curiosity wants him to pry.

"Can we talk about how you're really good at this?"

"Ugh, no."

"I don't get it, you usually thrive when you're complimented."

"Not like this. I don't want my subs complimenting me. You can compliment me by getting to where I lead you. If I can tell you're having a good experience, that's all the praise I need."