Chapter 5: Can you keep a secret?

♡ ♡ ♡

Something about the smell of coffee in a cafe relaxes Milo in a way his coffee pot at home just doesn't. Especially when Nathan sits opposite him. Nathan falls heavily into the category of 'people you wouldn't expect to be into BDSM' with his charming dimples and neutral toned clothing. He looks like a forest sprite in modern clothing. Then there's the fact that he's four inches taller than Milo, much broader, and so obedient that Milo has spent hours taking him apart piece by piece.

But that was under the cover of night, clothed in the daylight Nathan just looks kind. "Morning."

"Hey," there's a softness in Milo's eyes he can't keep back.

It's Sunday, so it's been about a day and a half since their scene. It was probably their last scene within their current contract unless Nathan wants to cram in one more, but that's never really been their dynamic.

Nathan's smile is shy. "God, you're so much sweeter than doms I've had in the past."

Milo tsks, "There's no rule against being sweet."

"No, there sure isn't."

"I could set you up with someone when you're ready for a new contract."

Nathan's eyebrows raise. "I...might take you up on that, actually. I'm gonna need a break, but yeah. Maybe. Do you have another contract lined up?"

Milo's veneer cracks. "Um, kind of." He thinks about that passing thought he'd had where he'd talk to Nathan about Cameron. He hadn't expected that to come to fruition.

"Kind of? That's unlike you." Nathan sips his latte.

That makes Nathan the second person to immediately clock that whatever Milo is doing with Cameron is out of character for him. "It's more than a contract," which is true, but also so viscerally true in ways that Milo hadn't realized until he phrased it like that.

"Oh!" Nathan's surprised but claps once, cutely. "Congrats."

Deciding not to touch that, Milo looks at Nathan carefully. "Do you want this to be a wrap up for us? Do you want another scene?"

With a shake of his head, Nathan says, "No, it feels right to wrap up now."

Milo purses his lips. "Would you be okay if I dropped the calm, cool energy then?"

Nathan's eyebrows almost make it to his hairline. "Is it not your normal energy?"

Milo waves his hand back and forth. "It can be. But I like to be consistent when I'm in a contract with someone. I find it helps."

Shrugging, Nathan gestures to Milo. "Feel free to...relax, I guess."

Milo scrunches his nose and slumps in his chair. "Have you ever had a contract with a friend?"

Nathan's blinking slowly.

"Nate?"

"Sorry, your energy shifted so much faster than I expected."

And Milo remembers how Cameron was startled about his energy shifting in the other direction. Maybe he really does have a switch that he flips. He hadn't really thought about how big the shift was. Something to journal about later. "I don't think you'd have fallen into the scenes the same way if I didn't provide a consistent energy."

"No, you're...right. I just...you're really good at this."

Milo feels himself blush. It's like a carbon copy of his conversation with Cameron, which is odd since he's currently wrapping up a contract with Nathan. "I don't think a person can be good at–"