A Rather Nerve Wracking Conversation:

~Elrohir~

The night before the solstice I paced. And paced. And paced around some more.

What if she says no? What if she ends things with me? What if I never get to see her again? What if Glorfindel murders me? Glorfindel! Mandos I forgot!

I ran from my room, nearly tripped over myself in the process, and rushed to summer's house.

I knocked on the door. I waited, just as I was about to turn around when the door opened.

"Elrohir, Come in," Ilonwy stepped aside. "Summer has gone to bed. Is there something I can help you with?"

"Uh," I stammered. "I wish to speak with Lord Glorfindel. Is he at home?"

"Come to talk about Summer?" She smirked.

I nodded and blushed.

"Glorfindel is in his study," She stepped aside.

I walked down the darkened hall to the double doors at the end. I inhaled, cracked my knuckles, shook myself loose-and nearly fainted from embarrassment when Glorfindel opened the doors right as I shook myself.

"Elrohir," He looked me up and down. "Are you alright?"

"I-I, Uh-h, Yes sir," I said. I folded my hands in front of me. "I wanted to speak with you."

Glorfindel sat down behind his desk. I sat in the chair in front of it. My leg shook nervously.

"So, what's on your mind son?"

I sat up, "Well, Glorfindel, I need to speak with you. About, uh, something important."

Glorfindel nodded, eyeing me.

"I wish, with your approval of course. I wish to marry Summer," I blurted and winced.

Glorfindel was silent. Quiet as a rock. He stared at me with his deep green eyes and said nothing for what felt like hours. Finally, He spoke with his deep, serious voice. 

"Elrohir," He stood. "I love Summer very very much. She's my daughter and I want only the best for her. Do you understand?"

I was getting nervous, "Yes sir."

"As a father I can't help wanting to lock her away the second a man shows interest."

I was losing hope.

"But I like you Elrohir. I always have. I watched you grow up, become an adolescent, and then a man."

"Yes sir," I said. "I appreciate the hand you provided in my life."

"It's my honor. If Summer is going to marry I need to know the man she marries can provide for her, love her as she should and properly."

"I promise Glorfindel. I'll be a good husband. I'll love her, I will protect her. I can provide for us. She will never have to go without anything."

"You don't have to convince me Elrohir," He extended his hand to me. "I wouldn't have Summer marry anyone else. I couldn't find a finer man to call my son."

I jumped up, "Wait, is that a yes?"

He shook my hand, "Yes. Welcome to the family." 

"Th-thank you sir!" I jumped out of my seat.

           I ran from the house to find my brother.

"Elladan!" I said as I burst into the library.

My brother put down his quill, "Yes?"

"He said yes!"

My brother smiled and hugged me, "That's wonderful! So you're going to ask her then?"

"Yes, tomorrow night."       

Tomorrow night could not come fast enough.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mini update to let you know I am still writing this story lol. Sorry for the slow updates. I'm trying to figure out how to wrap things up.