Reunited:

I'm writing this chapter to avoid the next one...You have been warned. Okay y'all, as much as I try to stick with tolkien's legendarium I really went fanfic with this fic lol. Y'all are in for a shock. Like i'm shook and I'm the author for eru's sake XD

~*~*~*~*~

~Summer~

Why is life so complicated? How can something so simple become an entangled web of pain?

I stared up at the sunlight peeping through the trees leafy canopy. The wind blew like a gentle ghost across the clearing. Rustling leaves and birds peeping created a soft ambience. I watch a robin fly from one tree to the next. It didn't have a care in the world. Not one thought besides doing what it was made to do. I envied it. I sat up and picked a daisy from the cluster nearby.

"But there is always strength left." The voice in my mind said. I sighed and let the wind carry the flower away.

Glorfindel appeared, "Ah there you are."

I jumped, "You scared me!"

"I'm sorry," He chuckled deeply. "I have a bad habit of doing so. Poor erestor."

I laughed.

"Lord Elrohir would not like you all the way out here by yourself," he said as he sat near me.

"If he has a problem with it he can to me himself," I replied.

Glorfindel sighed, "He cares about you."

"And I appreciate it but I don't need a father."

"No Summer. He cares about you," Glorfindel insisted.

He cares about you.

"Elrohir is a very nice friend Glorfindel. That's what friends do," I said. I was trying to hide the fact that I had possessed any feelings towards the ellon.

"Is that all he is to you?"

"What a friend? Yes."

"And what about Tegalad?"

"What about him?" I blushed.

"Is he just a friend or is there something more there for you?"

"I don't know yet," I admitted. "Tegalad is very nice and I like him very much."

"Do you see yourself spending your life with him?" Glorfindel prodded.

"Glorfindel, what is this about?"

He looked at me with a gentle, almost fatherly look, "I just don't want you to get hurt. To make the wrong decision and regret it."

"I am an adult. I can make my own choices," I replied.

He looked sad for half a minute, "That's what she said."

"What who said?" I asked.

"I don't think I should be the one to tell you."

"What?" I asked. "What is it?"

The golden warrior stared at me with his soft brown eyes. Tears dripped down his face as he stared at the forest. 

"What is wrong?" I sat up on my knees.

"I had be sure it was you before I," He stroked the side of my face. "Before I told her. I didn't want to get her hopes up. When she left it broke my heart. I thought I would never see her again. Then she came back in great distress having left something behind. Someone."

"Glorfindel, what are you saying?"

He looked at a loss for words, "Summer, do you have no recognition of me?