The Day After:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Isaiah 26:3- You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Elrohir~

I opened another door, "This, is my sister's chamber, she's in Lorien with our Grandmother right now." 

 All of a sudden summer looked sad, "You're lucky to have a family." 

I kicked myself, I didn't know much but I gathered Summer didn't have anyone. 

I pushed open the next door, "This is one of the many guest rooms, much like yours." 

She nodded. I didn't enjoy her silence. We walked down another hall towards two glass doors. I pulled them open, "This is the balcony that overlooks the entire valley." 

She gasped, "This is so beautiful."

 I kicked myself after hearing myself say, "Not as beautiful as you." 

She turned to me, "Uh, thanks." 

I felt colour spring into my cheeks. She looked beautiful, standing against the scenery. Her thick hair blew in the wind, her eyes snapped with curiosity, and her cheeks held a faint pink blush. I grabbed her wrist. She looked at me. I lowered my face close to hers, I didn't know what I was doing.

"Elrohir, please don't."

I snapped out of my haze, "I am so sorry."

She smiled, "It's fine, we just got a little caught in the moment."

~Summer~

What just happened? Did we kiss? Or did we almost kiss? I don't think we actually kissed. 

     We walked back down the hall. Elrohir showed me more rooms as we went. I'd never been in a house this large. It had several lounge rooms, dozens of bedrooms and bathrooms. It had at least three libraries sandwiched inside as well. I made a mental note to check those out later. My thoughts kept going back to the awkward moment we shared. I watched Elrohir as we walked. He was strong, confident, brave, kind, and gentle. I found myself encased by him. He was handsome as well, his body was lean, and kinda buff. His blue eyes glowed whenever he looked over at me, his dark hair was sleek, and I wanted to touch it. 

Wait, what? My brain, rest in peace. 

He made me feel like a celebrity like I was worth something. He went out of his way to make little jokes, and things to make me giggle. Then, laughed with me.  

"Snap out of it Summer!" I scolded myself internally.

"Summer, are you alright?" Someone touched my arm.

I snapped out of my haze, "Oh what, yes, I'm okay."

The elf grinned, "Come, I want to show you something special."

Elrohir led me out of the house and into the gardens. "This is so pretty," I stated in awe.

He smiled, "My mother loves nature, she spends hours in these gardens."

The garden held all kinds, Peonies, roses, daisies, sunflowers, forget-me-nots, shrubs and bushes of all kinds. My attention was drawn to a drooping willow tree by a shimmering pond. There was a bench beside the pond, and a swing was anchored in the tree's branches. "I love this place too," Elrohir smiled.

I choked, "Can you read minds or something?" He nodded, "Yes, My father, my brother, my sister, and I can."

Oh great. "Really?" I asked.