𝟓𝟎 | 𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

The following morning, the band disbanded.

Karen : I sat on that bus that morning thinking I'd be heading to the next city to play the next sold out show with the rest of the band.

Bonnie : I don't think any of us expected anything drastic to happen.

Warren : Bonnie and I sat on that bus and watched the others leave, one by one.

Bonnie : First Eddie retired his bass and then, unexpectedly, Graham retired his guitar.

Warren : Even Karen got off the bus after that.

Karen : I didn't expect Daisy or Billy to show up and without them, we had nothing.

Warren : Then it was just me and Bonnie.

Bonnie : We sat there for a while. I ran my hand through Warren's curls as I imagined what the rest of our life would look like without the band.

Warren : I may have shed a few tears. I just didn't want it to be over, man.

Bonnie : I felt Warren's tears sink into the sleeve of my jacket.

Warren : Bonnie looked up at me and asked if there was anything she could say to make me feel better.

Bonnie : Warren just laughed and said 'No, I don't think so.' [Chuckles] I begged to differ.

Warren : Bonnie smiled and said 'We'll be alright, you know.' Then she placed my hand on her stomach and said 'All of us.'

Bonnie : That put a smile on his face.

Warren : [Smiles].

———

Where are they now?

———

Daisy : Everything I have, my music, my sobriety, my daughter, is all because I left the band that day.

Billy : After the band, I went to rehab and started going to therapy. I won back Camilla and started being a present father. I never missed a soccer game or a school play.

Graham : I moved back to Pittsburgh, fell in love and started a family. I love my wife and kids with my whole heart, they are my world.

Karen : I wasn't going to let that bump in the road stop me from doing what I loved doing. I wanted to be a rock and roll star so that's what I've become.

Eddie : I started my own band. We didn't last long, but I'm still out there playing gigs. It pays the bills, you know?

Rod : I quit the business after that. I was heartbroken after the band ended.

Simone : Bernie and I opened a club! [Smiles] I get up there and perform sometimes, too.

Bonnie : Warren and I bought a house boat in Marina Del Ray.

Warren : We have two beautiful twin girls, Cami and Demi.

Bonnie : I still had all of those songs lying around in my notebook from when Billy left the band. Many other songs had found their way into it too. So, I got to work and released an album that same year. After the girls were born, I went on tour. I'm very lucky to say I've done that many times since.

Warren : I've been a session drummer for years. I've also been on tour with BonBon, of course.

Bonnie : We are alright.

Warren : [Smiles] All of us.