𝟐𝟕 | 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐬

On November 9th, 1975, Daisy Jones & The Six set foot in Sound City for the first time.

Billy : We had all of the songs ready to go, we just needed to record them.

Eddie : [Laughs] Is that what he told you?

Bonnie : We had nothing to do with it. It was all Billy.

Karen : We had our few months of being an actual band, but as soon as Billy rejoined the band we were back under his control.

Eddie : We had some perfectly good songs ready to record from before and Billy didn't want a single one of them.

Graham : [Shakes head] Around twenty songs were thrown down the drain. Completely scrapped. Billy didn't write them, so he didn't want to perform them.

Bonnie : [Shrugs] That's life, I guess.

Warren : We were all in the studio when Billy and Daisy walked in that day.

Karen : We didn't know what to expect.

Daisy : I had written around twenty songs that I was so excited to share with everyone, and Billy told me they already had the album finished.

Billy : I couldn't have been nicer.

Bonnie : The first time around, Daisy was part of a collaboration. Now she was part of the band.

Graham : Billy wanted us to play one of the songs for Daisy so she could get a feel for the album.

Bonnie : [Cackles] We hadn't even started and Daisy said 'Let me guess, it's about your wife and the rain?'

Eddie : [Laughs] I think it was called She's The Storm.

Warren : [Chuckles] Bonnie snorted when she said that and the look Billy gave her, [laughs] I was surprised she left the studio alive that day.

Karen : Daisy made it clear that she was not there to sing harmony on Billy's songs, that we should all have a part in the making of the album.

Eddie : She was saying things that I'd been saying since sixty-nine.

Daisy : It was not The Billy Dunne Show. It was a Daisy Jones & The Six album. It was only fair we all played a part in it.

Bonnie : Between this and the little taste of freedom we had while Billy was gone, the outbursts were inevitable.

Karen : We all started making suggestions for the album. I wanted a song with just vocals and keys.

Eddie : I wanted to write my own bass lines, for once.

Warren : I asked for African drums.

Bonnie : I wanted to include more instruments, like a xylophone or something.

Graham : Just before things got heated, Teddy walked in and told Billy and Daisy to leave and go work on something together.

Warren : After they left, Eddie asked what we were supposed to do. Teddy's reply was 'I could care less.'

Bonnie : At least he cared a little bit.

Eddie : Easier said than done, we called it a day and headed straight home.