𝟏𝟎 | 𝐁𝐢𝐠

After many ups and downs, The Six had stumbled across their big break. On one faithful day, Billy and Graham had run into Teddy Price at the local supermarket. Next thing they know, they're standing right before him, instruments in hand.

Bonnie : My initial response to Billy and Graham coming home with Teddy Price's card was 'You managed to get that but not my fucking gummy bears!?'

Warren : To be fair, BonBon had been looking for those gummy bears for a while.

Billy : It all happened so quickly. It was like one minute we were checking the sides of the couch for loose change and the next we were standing right in front of the Teddy Price, about to give the performance of our lives.

Eddie : We understood how big that opportunity was for us, so we all quit our day jobs.

Bonnie : Don't worry, Billy made sure to put us to work.

Billy : Every single minute that led up to that performance was spent practising.

Bonnie : I had become used to that kind of torture by then. My fingers were made of steel.

Graham : By the time the big day had come, we were playing better than we ever had before. Of course, with that came unwanted thoughts and questions. What if our best isn't good enough? What if we mess up our one shot with Teddy Price?

Eddie : If it wasn't for the busted engine of the van, you would've been able to hear a pin drop on the ride to Teddy's studio. No one said a word. Heck, even Bonnie looked rattled.

Bonnie : Oh, I was absolutely shitting myself. I had never been so nervous in my life. Then again, I suppose the stakes hadn't been so high up until that point.

Karen : None of us moved when we arrived.

Eddie : I knew it was bad when Billy didn't give us any last minute criticisms.

Graham : Billy was the first to leave the van.

Eddie : In a weird way, it was like a death march.

Karen : One by one we soldiered on.

Warren : The others went inside, but it took a minute for Bonnie to move at all.

Bonnie : I don't know what happened, I just froze.

Warren : Bonnie looked so scared, man, I just wanted to hug her.

Bonnie : Warren just smiled and held out his hand.

Warren : I didn't let go the whole way in.

Bonnie : We weren't even thinking about the others when we walked in. I doubt any of them even noticed, we were all so nervous.

Camilla : [Smiles] I noticed. Every single time I noticed.

Billy : When Teddy walked into the room, everything stopped. In that moment, there was nothing but us, our instruments and Teddy. Our survival instincts kicked in and we played like our lives depended on it, because they did.

Karen : I mean, it goes without saying that we killed it.

Warren : Teddy loved us, man!

Eddie : I had never felt so relieved in my life until the moment Teddy Price smiled and nodded at us for the very first time.

Bonnie : Oh, we all celebrated that night.

Warren : [Chuckles] I couldn't even tell you what happened that night, man.

Eddie : [Laughs] Even if I knew what happened, I probably wouldn't tell you.

Billy : That night was the first of many, but Teddy really put us through the ringer for our first few months with him.

Graham : We were booking more gigs, in bigger venues, with bigger audiences and bigger payouts.

Karen : It was exhausting, but I wouldn't have traded it for anything in the world. Our time had come. We were in the process of making it.

Billy : One night, we were walking out of a club and I was talking to Teddy about the set. You know, what went wrong and how we could do better in the future.

Eddie : Out of nowhere, Billy started yelling and saying that we were going to be making an album.

Karen : It just made everything feel worth it, you know?

Graham : The people walking by probably thought we had lost our shit. Rightfully so, I mean, we had.

Warren : Hey, remember when BonBon said she'd never let me near her mouth?

Bonnie : I may have kissed Warren in shock. It may have been brief, but it might have happened. Everyone was too excited to notice.

Camilla : [Smiles] I noticed.