𝟑𝟏 | 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐞

The album was coming along nicely and the time had come to shoot the album cover.

Bonnie : You know what? I'm just gonna say it. With whatever the fuck kind of love triangle that had been going on with Daisy, Billy and Camilla, it was pretty fucking awkward seeing them all in the one place. For all of us, not just them.

Camilla : Billy had been distant for a while. I mean, most of the album had been written and recorded by that point, and I hadn't heard a single song since Honeycomb came out.

Eddie : It was freezing cold and, I don't know, everyone just had their own shit going on. No one was really in the mood for it that day.

Daisy : I made a few changes to the plan for the album cover and Billy said it was over the top, that we were supposed to be a band from Pittsburgh. But we weren't, or at least, not anymore. I was born in L.A, Karen was from the U.K. and Bonnie was fucking Scottish or something.

Bonnie : My mother was Irish. The accent was inescapable, even if I was born in Chicago.

Warren : [Smiles] My little leprechaun.

Bonnie : [Smiles] Póg no thóin, amadán.

Karen : Graham and I were still a secret at this point and I think it was getting to him. But we all knew how Billy felt about Bonnie and Warren, and that was just Billy, let alone the whole world. I didn't want to be known as the guitarist's girlfriend when I had an entire career going for me.

Graham : Yeah, Karen and I were in a bit of a sticky situation. I understood where she was coming from, of course, but it still sucked.

Bonnie : You know, I really wish Warren and I empathised with the others for the sake of solidarity, but [laughs] we were doing great.

Warren : Yeah, man, I was on top of the world. I was engaged to a rockstar! Not only that, but we were on the verge of releasing our next album and everyone just knew it would be big, you know? [Smiles] What's not to love?

Bonnie : I remember when Graham walked over to us with Julia, and Warren started fencing her with his drumsticks. I don't know, I feel like that's when the engagement really sunk in for me. I wasn't the type of person to see a guy with a kid and swoon, but Warren was the exception to that. I guess that's when I realised I wanted kids at some point. I hadn't even thought about it before. [Laughs] Warren did something to me, man.

Graham : Despite being in an relationship at the time, [chuckles] I was usually the third wheel of the band.

Billy : Once everyone was ready, the photoshoot began.

Bonnie : We were sitting there for hours, man. I was in shorts too, my legs were freezing.

Eddie : The photographer didn't even want us there, he was only interested in Daisy and Billy. It's like the rest of us weren't even there!

Daisy : The photographer asked to get a few shots of me and Billy on the side of the cliff.

Eddie : [Laughs] You know what? Maybe it was a good thing he didn't want a full band shot on the side of the cliff. Someone would've gotten pushed off.

Bonnie : [Cackles] That would have been hazardous. Could you imagine me and Eddie fighting the temptation to give Billy a little nudge.

Eddie : [Wipes away a tear] We're terrible people.

Billy : Just before we wrapped up the full band shots, the photographer had a quick look back at the pictures he had taken and noticed a glare in every single one of them.

Warren : [Chuckles] Upon closer inspection, he realised it was BonBon's ring.

Bonnie : The photographer asked me to take it off, but Warren told him that I couldn't because it was 'too important.'

Warren : Would you believe me if I told you we were engaged for the entirety of the Aurora sessions and it wasn't until the photoshoot that anyone realised?

Graham : We all just turned around and stared at them.

Eddie : [Shrugs] I did tell you it was something they'd do. To just get engaged and forget to mention it.

Karen : We thought it was a joke a first, but then we quickly realised it wasn't.

Daisy : It was a joyful and celebratory moment, until we realised we'd have to start from scratch with the photoshoot.

Bonnie : Yeah, I had to keep the ring on so we settled for the messy-hair-grabbing pose.

Warren : I mean, you know how the album cover looks. You've got Daisy and Billy on the front and then the whole band on the back. Graham, Karen and Eddie sitting on the couch, Billy and Daisy to the sides and then you've got me and BonBon sitting on the back of the couch. Our suffering was worth it, if you ask me. It turned out sick.

Karen : It was definitely worth it, everyone looked incredible.

Bonnie : That's when everything started to feel real. We were making it.