𝟎𝟖 | 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬

The time had come for The Dunne Brothers's first gig on the strip.

Billy : With the help of Rod Reyes, we managed to book a few gigs in Filthy McNasty's.

Graham : We were all looking forward to it. We had been working our asses off and we were confident in our set.

Karen : Until we entered the club.

Eddie : It was crammed and there were barely any people there.

Billy : I mean, it wasn't the best venue, but we made sure to give it our all.

Warren : When we were setting up on that first day, I noticed Eddie and Graham were acting a little suspicious.

Bonnie : Warren said they were talking about something that was left on the amp, so we went over to investigate once they had left.

Warren : There was nothing on the amp. Just a few guitar picks.

Bonnie : We didn't think anything of it at first.

Warren : Until Graham told Bonnie that they were there if she needed one.

Bonnie : We quickly gathered that they were rigged in some way.

Warren : Luckily, Bonnie didn't use guitar picks, but we saw this as an opportunity to get ahead of them in the prank war.

Graham : Can't a guy offer his bandmate an essential utensil without getting attacked?

Bonnie : We weren't going to let them get away with it.

Billy : The gig started shortly after we had finished setting up.

Eddie : BonBon still hadn't picked up any of the guitar picks.

Bonnie : Poor speculation is not a good trait to have if you want to succeed in the skill of pranking. Not once had I used a guitar pick when we were practising, or ever for that matter.

Karen : We absolutely smashed that first gig, regardless of how many people were there to witness it.

Billy : [Shrugs] The smaller the club, the bigger we played.

Warren : Despite the rough start Bonnie had in the group, she was probably the best one out there. Don't tell Billy I said that, he's a little sensitive.

Bonnie : It felt incredible to play as part of the band, even if there was barely anyone watching.

Camilla : I still have the footage I got from that first gig. It was an amazing set.

Bonnie : [Smiles] Camilla was our number one fan since day one.

Billy : It was late by the time we were done, so we tried to pack up as quickly as we could.

Bonnie : Billy was rushing us, so I had to act fast.

Warren : It turns out, Graham and Eddie had put super glue on the guitar picks.

Bonnie : I got to the amp before Graham or Eddie could, and I slid one of the picks onto my palm.

Warren : When Bonnie was standing right behind Graham, she gave me the signal to call his name.

Bonnie : I basically face-palmed the pick right into Graham's mouth once he opened it to respond to Warren.

Graham : It happened so fast, I didn't even know what was going on.

Bonnie : Catch them off guard and give them a taste of their own medicine. Simple, yet effective.

Eddie : I don't even know how Bonnie and Warren figured out the picks had glue on them in the first place!

Warren : Like I said before, Prank Champions.

Camilla : [Laughs] All I remember was turning around to see Graham clawing at his tongue.

Karen : It was an entertaining sight, to say the least.

Billy : Yeah those eight or nine months in Filthy McNasty's were interesting.

Warren : Jokes aside, we had a great time playing those gigs.

Bonnie : We all became much closer as a band.

Graham : I wouldn't have traded those days for anything.

Camilla : It was beautiful to capture the bonds that were being formed on camera. I have this one picture of Warren and Bonnie smiling at each other during a set. Early days, of course, but I don't think they had any idea of what was to come, despite how obvious it was from the beginning.