𝟑𝟐 | 𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

The Aurora sessions were coming to a close.

Graham : Everything was just a little ... tense after the photoshoot.

Warren : It's like everyone was walking on eggshells, man.

Camilla : It all just became a bit too much. Anyone with eyes could see what was going on with Daisy and Billy, Karen and Graham had their thing going on, Warren and Bonnie had been engaged for months and I guess I just needed a secret of my own.

Eddie : No comment.

Billy : Everyone was acting weird, man. Camilla was growing more and more distant, Eddie walked out of every room I walked into, Graham's mind was somewhere else, and even Bonnie - actually no, Bonnie had the same attitude she always had towards me.

Bonnie : I'm consistent, if nothing else.

Karen : Teddy called us into the studio one day and told us that they had another song written.

Graham : What we didn't expect was to see Daisy sitting there, alone, with a guitar.

Eddie : Clearly, Billy had no part in this one.

Bonnie : I was intrigued, so I was the first to sit down across from her.

Warren : We all followed after Bonnie, and Daisy started playing the song.

Daisy : I wrote Regret Me on the drive home from the photoshoot. I guess you could say I was inspired.

Karen : It was a fucking incredible song.

Warren : We all loved it.

Eddie : Well, not everyone ...

Bonnie : Billy walked in as Daisy was singing it and he immediately wanted no part of it.

Eddie : We even did a show of hands, but there was no room for democracy in Billy's dictatorship. So, naturally, he stormed out of there.

Bonnie : Fuck him. We recorded it anyways.

Daisy : We ran through the song a couple of times and it got better and better each time.

Graham : We all played around with it for a bit, and eventually, we had our song.

Warren : It was such a great song, man.

Daisy : Since Billy wanted no part in it, I asked Bonnie to sing it with me.

Bonnie : [Grins] Never make decisions out of fear, only out of spite.

Eddie : That version was so much better. During those few weeks we had off, Billy heard it, scrapped it and re-recorded it himself, much like everything else on the album. [Mocking voice] No one takes my spotlight.

Bonnie : [Mocking voice] No one, and I mean no one, takes my spotlight.

Graham : Regardless of who ended up singing it, the song turned out great.

Bonnie : The album was ready to go after that.

Daisy : And that's how we ended the Aurora sessions.