Chapter Eight: The Lost Prince

Hinata had been at the edge of a sword multiple times. Whether or not that was due to the training of the Hyūga to prepare her for the day she would be forced to fight did not matter. The cold blade was pressed against her neck again as the unknown attacker seethed in anger at her lack of response.

"Who are you?" They asked again as they flicked their katana to inflict the smallest of cuts on her bare skin in hopes to scare her.

"I should be asking you that question." She turned to where the voice came from, her gaze indifferent and her hands itching to engage in hand to hand combat. "What are you doing in my home?"

There was a moment of silence, as if her attacker was contemplating letting her know about his plans. "I will be turning on the lamp, you will not move from your spot or say anything — is that understood?"

Hinata nodded, mumbling a quick agreement.

Dropping his sword, she heard his footsteps against the creaky floors before light flooded a small area. Now face to face with the person who previously, unknowingly, threatened to kill her, her eyes widened just a fraction at the familiar face.

"You can come out of hiding." He called out as he sheathed his sword and placed it on the makeshift desk.

"Are you sure they're not here to kill me?" A muffled voice came from the tall closet pushed into a corner, the doors opening just enough to let whoever inside assess the situation without being seen by her.

The blond man looked at her once more and shook his head. "She doesn't seem to be of any threat."

"She?" The closet door opened fully and out stepped a face she didn't think she would be seeing so soon. The face of the man she didn't care all too much about.

"We're invading her space, I don't think she'd care enough to kill us — if she can kill us." He reached for the dark haired male's hand and guided him to sit on the bed.

Hinata turned to leave the two inside, slight panic and confusion clouding her mind as she opened the door.

"Where are you going?" His deep voice penetrated her thoughts with ease, sending vibrations through every part of her body.

"I'm going to retrieve my things from the engawa, I will return shortly." She spoke softly, with more grit in her voice, she didn't want any of them recognizing her just as she recognized them.

Opening the door, Hinata cursed under her breath and grabbed her basket from the stand on the engawa. She paused in front of the door, contemplating whether or not she should just return to the Haruno complex or stay the night as she had planned previously. Not letting the arrival of the unwanted guests throttle her original plans, she opened the door and ignored them as she approached the desk.

"I need to return to the Palace before sunrise."

She listened to them talk in hushed voices. Hinata was curious as to why the Crown Prince was currently on the run but didn't dare question either of them about it. It didn't concern her and she wouldn't make it her business at all.

"Excuse me?" There was a tap on her shoulder, "I'm Naruto and that's Sasuke." He pointed at himself and the man behind him. "Is it alright that he stay here for a short while whilst I figure out a better arrangement?" He picked up his sword and carefully strapped his mask back on as he spoke.

Hinata glanced at Naruto and then Sasuke. She didn't have any protests as long as the two stayed out of her hair and hurried in solving their little problem so she could be alone again. "That is alright." She nodded and grabbed her pestle and motar from the window's ledge. "When will you return?"