Raelin's Story (I)

A/N - This might be the longest chapter I've written so far, because there is so much explaining, flashbacks and a bonus scene that needed to fit.

And the Cathedral scene is from House of Dragons, if anyone should wonder why things are done in the described order.

I sometimes run into songs that remind me of Raelin's or my other characters hardships and good things in life. I can't stop thinking about adding them to a chapter. There is no exact moment to play the songs, just when you feel like it.

I know that I haven't posted in a while and the reason is, that I am now writing three different stories. And to have time for myself and my work, I have made a schedule of release dates of the different stories. You can see it under the Conversations tab on my profile.

Before the Dvalin Protecting Squad, as Paimon would call it split up, Aether looked at Raelin, almost staring at her.

''Aether, is something wrong? You've been staring at Raelin for quite a while now...'' Paimon asked in her blunt manner.

''Oh, forgive me. I didn't mean to stare... I was just wondering what that Abyss Mage said about you being weakened... That's all...'' Aether said almost flustered at his action.

''Yeah, Paimon is curious too. Paimon's timeline is a little messed up since others mention you from 500 years ago, then 200 years... So, yeah, it has become quite confusing..''

''Oh, I see... I suppose that I would have to tell you sooner or later...''

''If it's alright, I would also like to hear the full story.'' Jean asked politely.

''Of course, you deserve to know it, just like I told most of it to the Grand Master... But let's go to Windrise, its valley is surrounded by calm winds and breezes.''

Windrise

They arrived in Windrise where they stood in front the large Oak Tree.

''Well, I don't really know how to start, since it was really complicated at that time.'' Raelin pondered. ''Maybe I should start to tell you a little about myself first.''

''The truth is I'm around 550 years old, which I might add isn't a lot among Gods. I am actually one of the youngest in existence. My father is an important God, while my mother was a human. After my mother died due to age, I moved to Mondstadt where I reunited with Venti. I lived here for a couple of decades where I was close with the Knights. It was a peaceful life until a wide-spread chaos occurred 500 years ago. I fought alongside the Knights of Favonius and Dvalin in order to protect Mondstadt while Venti was away fighting along the Seven. After a lot of fighting, I ended up being separated from the Knights and that's all I can tell you... Since I don't have any memory of my last battle.

I only remember that those Shadows or whatever they were, had blood-red crystals which they used to draw my power and it weakened me greatly. The last thing I remember was that I was forced into slumber and slept for 300 years. I only woke up from my slumber 200 years ago. Venti only appeared for a short amount of time, but he gave me a crown* which my old friends in Mondstadt made, when I didn't return after the war. They must have known that I wouldn't return for a long time and made the crown as a way to say goodbye, I guess... I gave it to the Cathedral as a reminder for whole Mondstadt of the fallen Knights. Furthermore my Anemo powers became unstable when I woke up, and I had a hard time controlling them. As much as I hate to say it, my vision has mostly helped me stabilize my powers for now.''